Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

nanny bust up with boss

(9 Posts)
HannahLockwood Sat 28-May-05 18:59:29

I have just had my nanny friend (nanny to 1 boy aged 2) on the phone, sounding very angry saying that her and the boys mum have just had a huge argument after the little boy went in my friends room and apparently nannyfriend screamed at him 'this is my weekend, so piss off and go and mither someone else', to which the mum heard and really, very understandably shouted at my friend that it was totally out of order and that Kian is just a little boy who knows no better. To which nannyfriend said 'that's because he's a spoilt little brat'.

This then apparently escalated with mum having a go at nannyfriend for not doing any housework when it's on her contract, for always cooking him processed ready meals or macdonalds or the chippy and for just sitting watching tv while Kian played alone at which point nannyfriend stormed out and phoned me.

Im getting quite sick of her to be honest. Her cocky attitude is awful and she does do all of the above as mum did say to her. Her standards of care are also terrible as when we meet for playdates on the occasions I have my charges, she leaves Kian in pooey nappies until I go and change the poor mite. I have told my friend about her attitude, but she is so cocky and thinks she can do no wrong and basically thinks the world revolves around her. She very much reminds me of Janine from Eastenders. I have told Kian's mum (who is posh but lovely and very easy-going) about nannyfriends care of Kian, but she says it would be too much hassle finding another one and her and DH can't afford to take time off work til a new one comes along.

Nannyfriend is on her way to mine now. I feel like telling her to get lost!

bossykate Sat 28-May-05 19:40:20

& at your friend. she should really look for another line of work.

also & at kian's mother - too much hassle finding a nanny who doesn't tell your child to p* off?

Pinotmum Sat 28-May-05 19:47:26

I'd tell her she was wrong to speak like that to anyone let alone a baby. Tell her to take a good long look at herself. I'd have packed her bags by now if she worked for me Don't know how you could want her as a friend really.

HannahLockwood Sat 28-May-05 19:48:53

nanny friend just arrived now as i was serving children's and dad's tea so I asked her to leave and go and apologise to mother. She has to live there so she has no choice of apologising. I'm washing my hands of her now.

Pinotmum Sat 28-May-05 19:52:42

I think you've done the right thing.

bigdonna Sat 28-May-05 21:18:13

i cant believe the mother said its too much hassle to find another nanny,when i was a nanny i told my boss that her friends nanny mistreated the kids,she was always smacking the little boy he would coming running to me if he had an accident as he knew she would hit him.my boss told her friend her friend asked the little boy if he liked his nanny,he said yes because he did not know any better,his last nanny was a cow as well.fortunately i was on holiday and they got rid of the nanny saying she stole something!.can you believe they gave her a reference she is working in north london now.She did come to my charges house alot that way i could keep an eye on her.i think she had mental problems i wouldnt have let her look after my dog (if i had one).We are not all like that.there are some fantastic caring nannies out there.

hercules Sat 28-May-05 21:19:03

DOnt blame you for ending friendship.

PinkFluffPudding Sat 28-May-05 21:23:48

Recently read, 'I don't know how she does it' by Allison Pearson (I think). The mother in that wouldn't stand up to the nanny for fear of losinh her. Personally I would rather be jobless and penniless than know my child is in the wrong hands. Kian's mother should be ashamed of herself - why shoud DH give up his job anyway? Some people have a funny idea of what they can and can't afford though.

NannyL Sat 28-May-05 23:05:44

OMG sounds awful.... SOO unproffesional, its people like HER who give us ALL a bad name!

As for the mums attitude they hheer her kids for Gods sake and if SHE cant find someone to look after them properly then i feel VERY sorry for them!

It makes me cross when i know several VERY good nannies looking for jobs, and then poor kids like that with 'bad' nannies cause the parenst cant be bothered to look for a better one

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now