Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

starting childminding

(4 Posts)
deb0367 Thu 20-Aug-09 19:55:53

hi out there, i've got my pre reg meetings in september and was wondering if anyone knew about the start up grants, can everyone get one and how much? any info would be super.thanksxsmile

danthe4th Thu 20-Aug-09 21:44:37

depends on your local council you'll be able to find out at the meeting

atworknotworking Thu 20-Aug-09 22:10:20

Usually the start up grant means that they pay for your initial ICP course, first aid and membership to one of the minding associations so you get some contracts, fire blanket but not cash, you just send reciepts to the council and they pay up to a pre specified amount. You won't get funding for equipment or materials. But councils are all different they will explain what if anything your local council can provide at the pre reg meeting.

It will be worth asking if your local council has an equipment loan scheme some councils can offer long term loan of travel cots, sleep mats, high chairs, safety gates etc. Or if you have a toy library you can loan a wide range of equipment free of charge some toy librarys even deliver and collect for you as well, things like these can save you a lot of money when you first start off.

deb0367 Sat 22-Aug-09 10:32:48

Thanks for the info, looking forward to the meetings in sep.grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: