Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Childminder/Nanny urgently needed Chinnor Oxfordshire

(6 Posts)
toobusytothink Thu 20-Aug-09 08:09:15

I am due to return to teaching in 10 days time and the childminder I had lined up has just let me down.

I urgently need someone to look after DS(3) and DD(2). It would be for term time only - DD requires 5 days 7:45-3:45 and DS 2 days.

Please if anyone is interested, get in contact.

AtheneNoctua Thu 20-Aug-09 09:41:28

I think you will have better luck if you advertise locally -- assuming this is a live out position.

toobusytothink Thu 20-Aug-09 09:48:02

thanks - yes I am doing everything I can.

AtheneNoctua Thu 20-Aug-09 10:44:09

Of course, you realise you will be paying the nanny for 5 days 7:45-3:45 and it doesn't really matter whether she has one child or two to look after?

Have you tried:
Gumtree?
Nannyjob?
The Lady?
Your local netmums site?
Post in your local site on MN?
Post an add at local toddler groups / church / tesco / wherever kids and nannies hang out locally?

Hope this helps and I'm not just telling you what you already know.

dontrunwithscissors Thu 20-Aug-09 12:31:11

(But the number of days does make a difference if OP goes for a CM.) Good luck - I was left in exactly the same position when I went back to work after having my DD. I was lucky to find a wonderful nursery that had only just opened, so had a full time spot available. It was far from ideal in terms of location (an extra hour of travelling per day), but it got us through a tough spot until we were able to find something more suitable. Have you looked on emergencychildcare.co.uk? It's very pricey, but might be worth it if you're desparate.

toobusytothink Thu 20-Aug-09 13:48:41

thank you - yes a childminder is my 1st choice. It gets quite complicated though with school drop offs etc though so quite hard to find one.

Thanks for all suggestions

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now