Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Silly question - providing lunch for nanny?

(6 Posts)
IlanaK Tue 18-Aug-09 20:42:45

I have a nanny starting next week doing two half days of 9:30 - 1:30. So she will be here at lunch time and will in fact be doing lunch for my boys. I assume she will eat with them, and I am of course happy for her to do so. But what do you do about what a nanny eats? I mean, I will leave instructions of what to give the boys: some days sandwhiches with raw veg, but other days it might be something I cooked and left. So,do I just assume she eats what they eat? Or do I have to allow her to choose something else from what we have? I menu plan quite carefully for the week and we all eat the same thing (I mean I don't prepare different meals for fussy eaters).

This may be a nonissue as she may be perfectly happy to have whatever the boys have, but I was just wondering what the done thing is?

StillSquiffy Tue 18-Aug-09 20:45:47

For nanny staying a full day I think you should cater for their tastes, but not for one finishing at 1.30. If she doesn't fancy their food she can eat afterwards when she leaves

nannynick Tue 18-Aug-09 20:48:20

Agree with Squiffy - as your nanny is only working 4 hours a day, you don't really need to provide lunch at all. If they want to eat the same as the children, then that is ideal - as it can help to encourage your children to eat their lunch.

IlanaK Tue 18-Aug-09 20:50:08

Thanks.

My older two are 8 and 5 and eat loads so don't need encouraging! But it is good to know that I would not be unreasonable to just suggest that if she would like lunch, she is welcome to eat what they eat.

Blondeshavemorefun Wed 19-Aug-09 09:45:27

agree with squiffy and nick

i eat what the children eat - or what i fancy i cook for them iyswim

nannyL Wed 19-Aug-09 15:07:26

i would just have some bread / cheese / ham / tuna / eggs whatever (one not all of) and if she wants it she can have some and if she doesnt feel like it she can do her own when she leaves!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now