Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM Club:Hot weather door notice - what do I put??

(8 Posts)
Katymac Mon 17-Aug-09 09:47:47

I have the front door open in the hot weather to get a draft

Last week a visitor just walked in - so I wantto put up a notice to ask people not to

Does this sound too bossy??

"Visitors

Please ring the bell & wait for a response.

For the safety of the children please do not enter without a member of staff present."

Sounds fine to me KM

floatyjosmum Mon 17-Aug-09 09:57:40

tbh id be a little concerned if my cm had her front door open and she lives on a quiet road.

If visitors can just walk in - can kiddies just walk out?

Even if there is a baby gate etc to prevent kids excaping - the fact that some one can walk into your house while you have CM kids scares me

Katymac Mon 17-Aug-09 11:52:21

Well it's not the front door of the house, it's the front door of the conservatory/playroom. There is always an adult in the room more often than not 3, it was more the cheekiness tbh that she opened the gate & walked in while I was sat there watching her

The door is gated and there is an additional gate halfway down the wheelchair ramp.

Neither my network co-ordinator nor the 7 (or so) OFSTED inspectors have had a problem with it but we are discussing the need for this notice with them.

TaxiLady Mon 17-Aug-09 11:56:13

well if you were in the room i suppose she took that as an invite to come in!

if i saw you there, i'd make eye contact, say good morning and sail on in too...i doubt i'd spot a notice.

HSMM Mon 17-Aug-09 12:06:19

I think if I saw you there, I would just walk in. I had a parent unlock the side gate and let themselves in and I discovered them in my living room last week. I have a sign on the gate and all the parents know they should not use the side gate ..... (still, I suppose I have only been minding her DD for 5 years!)

atworknotworking Mon 17-Aug-09 12:39:30

I get this from time to time, parents know not to let any other parents in but they think its so and so's mum / dad who they see here a lot so its ok. well its not we quite often have mindees with protection issues, a parent may be ok one week then not the next, other parents don't know but we do, it drives us potty. Thinking of getting a mag lock, they look pricey though, we already have an intercom for people we don't recognise, its getting a bit like fort knox now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now