Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

cm home and car insurance

(4 Posts)
holdingittogether Sun 16-Aug-09 17:30:52

My car and home insurance are up for renewal. Last year i did home minder and motor minder recommended by NCMA. Was a bit pricey and looking to do it a bit cheaper this year. Think for the car I'm going to just do a standard policy with business use but I gather for home insurance many companies won't cover childminders? Any recommendations please? Cost is the main factor tbh.

My home insurance is with Halifax and is really competitive. As long as you make it clear you are a cm you shouldn't have any problems. Car insurance I did through Elephant and they were mega cheap - obviously it depends on the type of car,mileage etc. Definitely shop around.

I found home/motor minder really expensive on renewal this year.

HSMM Sun 16-Aug-09 20:53:08

My normal insurance companies did not increase my insurance premium at all for being a childminder. Just shop around.

holdingittogether Mon 17-Aug-09 13:51:42

Thanks. Shopped around and got it loads cheaper through regular insurance companies. No one seemed bothered I was a cm. I am v happy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now