Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

cm home and car insurance

(4 Posts)
holdingittogether Sun 16-Aug-09 17:30:52

My car and home insurance are up for renewal. Last year i did home minder and motor minder recommended by NCMA. Was a bit pricey and looking to do it a bit cheaper this year. Think for the car I'm going to just do a standard policy with business use but I gather for home insurance many companies won't cover childminders? Any recommendations please? Cost is the main factor tbh.

underpaidandoverworked Sun 16-Aug-09 18:54:58

My home insurance is with Halifax and is really competitive. As long as you make it clear you are a cm you shouldn't have any problems. Car insurance I did through Elephant and they were mega cheap - obviously it depends on the type of car,mileage etc. Definitely shop around.

I found home/motor minder really expensive on renewal this year.

HSMM Sun 16-Aug-09 20:53:08

My normal insurance companies did not increase my insurance premium at all for being a childminder. Just shop around.

holdingittogether Mon 17-Aug-09 13:51:42

Thanks. Shopped around and got it loads cheaper through regular insurance companies. No one seemed bothered I was a cm. I am v happy.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: