Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

How upset is my CM friend going to be?

(10 Posts)

My friend who is also a CM has agreed to look after dd2 from sept on mondays and weds from 9-3 term time only. This was because my friend has had her up till now but her dd goes off to preschool in sept and so cant help out, fair enough.

Now my parents have found out and are shocked how much cm is, and have offered to help (The other day at work is going to be covered by sister)

Now I could really do with £240 a month to pay bills rather than CM, but dont want to upset friend.

We havent signed contract and she hasnt lost any spaces either. Is she going to really mad at me?
If i go with her Im leaving myself with £30 a month for anything like treats, MOTs, Tax, or school trips

atworknotworking Fri 14-Aug-09 18:52:13

Can you not get some help from TC towards your childcare costs?

If you havn't signed a contract then you don't really have an agreement, just explain that things will be really tight, you would love her to look after your dd2 but family are going to help out for now, but could she help in the future if your circs change, if she is a friend she will understand.

no we wont get any help with CTC

danthe4th Fri 14-Aug-09 19:43:00

Make sure you tell her soon so she has the opportunity to fill the space, its the same as with anybody circumstances change, she may well be dissapointed but will understand, and tell her face to face as nothing worse than with a text message.

will of course tell her face to face Im really stuck as i really do think dd2 would love it though

LisaD1 Fri 14-Aug-09 19:54:07

Hiya,

I think if she's a true friend she will understand. I've seen it from both sides of the fence and it's just sometimes the way things go.

Let her know asap though so she can look for another child.

pinenuts Sun 16-Aug-09 11:47:42

i agree with LisaD1,well said!!smile

HarrietTheSpy Sun 16-Aug-09 12:11:21

Think really carefully about this, are you sure your parents are up to it? Could they get too knackered or let you down at all, despite their best intentions?

well they have had her on a tues all day for a year, but not able to do tuesday anymore. Its a short day 9.30am till 2. She sleeps from 10-12 everyday.

thanks

Wanderingsheep Sun 16-Aug-09 22:49:08

Hello! I am a cm and a similar thing happened to me with a friend.

She is having a new baby soon and wanted someone to help take care of her DS for a while. She was going to have me look after him, but it turns out that her mum is going to do it instead.

I totally understand, and while I think that the extra cash would be handy for me, it is so much better for them to have her mum's help! Why would they even consider paying me to do what a doting Granny will do for free, and I'm really happy, for them, that they have come to a much better arrangement! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now