Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Grrrr! I am so pissed off!

(9 Posts)
GwarchodwrPlant Fri 14-Aug-09 14:48:04

The dad of one of my mindees pays me a month in arrears, something I normally never do only that I'm friends with the mum and she said before signing contracts that they would find it difficult to pay me in advance would it be ok if they could pay me when their wages went into their bank account once a month.

Because she is a friend and I trust her and needed the business I said fine.

Recently they have just bought a phil and teds double buggy and are moving house. The dad today showed me around their new house and was and is quite bosatful about what they are spending their money on. He said 'well I'm lucky we can afford it but it's only because I'm in such a well paid job'

shock shock

So i said 'well, shouldn't you be paying me in advance then?'

and he quickly backtracked saying 'we've got tonnes of bills, do you know how much the gas was this month....' etc etc

by this point I was just so pissed off I said goodbye and went home. I mean, the bloody cheek of it!

It just shows where his priorities are.

I'm thinking of confronting him about it. Should I? if so, what do I say?

Mousey84 Fri 14-Aug-09 15:27:13

How annoying!

Im afraid that if its in your contract then Id imagine it will need to continue to be in arrears til you renew it. As long as they do not default on payment, then I think its best to leave it for now.

danthe4th Fri 14-Aug-09 15:31:35

Bloody cheek, that made me cross reading it. Next contract review I suggest you change it or you could give them a letter stating that due to having to pay your bills payment would be appreciated in advance starting from next month.You could start off by stating weekly in advance, then move to 2 weekly.

GwarchodwrPlant Fri 14-Aug-09 15:46:01

the mum will be strating maternity leave next month so i won't be minding child unil she returns to work. i will be wiser next time and insist on advance. What a tosser.

It is probably best to bite my tongue, is it? At least until I've had the last payment anyway grin

Claireodon Fri 14-Aug-09 16:10:36

I don't really understand what the big deal is. Yes, it might be slightly irritating that she said they haven't got any money and it appears that this wasn't true. But you needed the work and they are paying you every month in accordance with what you agreed. Tbh it sounds like your problem is more about the fact they have a new home and pushchair...

AtheneNoctua Fri 14-Aug-09 16:19:07

And, actually, you never know. He might have been boasting about something he can't really afford. I find people who actually have money are the ones who don't talk about what they have. You might talk to themum, and she might say "Actually we racked up the credit cards for that pram and I'm really upset that I can only afford 3 months of maternity leave."

I'm just saying his new house might have gone to his head a bit.

GwarchodwrPlant Fri 14-Aug-09 18:29:32

The big deal is he's always bragging about money yet they won't pay me in advance. It's really annoying having to bite my tongue evrytime he does it. I couldn't give a hoot about his house or pram, I am perfectly happy with my own possessions and I don't feel the need to talk about them to everyone i meet. It is is just an example of the things he brags about Claire so please don't try any amatuer psychology on me because it is bollocks.

If he is rolling in it then he really shouldn't be shouting it out from the rooftops in front of his childminder who he won't pay in advance. It's just so out of order.

Anyway, I have calmed down now and just accepted it for what it as for the time being. When they do decide to come back to me next year then I know exactly how they are going to pay.

Rant over.

Mousey84 Fri 14-Aug-09 22:42:37

Will you be open to accepting other mindees or will they be paying a retainer til end of maternity leave?

GwarchodwrPlant Fri 14-Aug-09 22:48:18

Well if they could afford to pay me a retainer then I would keep the space open! I don't see it happening though, somehow grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now