Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM - how long do you keep your food receipts?

(4 Posts)
SillyMillysMummy Fri 14-Aug-09 14:24:46

All I can find is that we decide how long to keep them for hmm

Mousey84 Fri 14-Aug-09 15:28:49

I plan to keep one from every 3 months (I only started in January)...and you need to keep receipts for 5 years I think.

HSMM Fri 14-Aug-09 15:40:56

Once they're in my filing system, they are lost in the black hole of receipts, so I never go back and take them out. It would just be another thing to do.

atworknotworking Fri 14-Aug-09 16:31:28

If they are less than £10 then you dont need to keep for tax, although I do and they get filed by month. Or if you use a cash book for your accounts then you just write the amount in then can chuck out if you want to.

Health and safety wise you need to keep hold of the food reciepts, I think the reccommended time was about 3 - 4 weeks, however if its freezer stuff you might take longer to use the food IYSWIM, I can't be bothered with turning my freezer into an extended filing system by dating and cross referencing with the accounts, therefore I keep it all, not had food poisoning as yet and I doubt very much i could ever remember which supermarket I got that particular bag of frozen peas from anyway, thats why my mindees get greggs sausage rolls, mac donalds and fruit shoots grin

<<obviously just kidding>>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now