Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Any way to reclaim GP Fee?

(9 Posts)
BlueSkyDay Fri 14-Aug-09 11:36:58

Hi there,

This is my first post on this thread so hello to all the other CM's, nannys & APs out there!

I just sent off my CM appn to ofsted today (yay) and I had to pay my GP for filling out the Health Decn Form (£85). Does anyone know if there is any way of recouping this fee from Ofsted or your council? I'm guessing you can't claim it as an expense as I'm not registered as a CM yet.

It's a lot to shell out along with the appn fee etc...

Mousey84 Fri 14-Aug-09 12:20:04

Wow, thats pricey! You can claim it when doing tax return - do you have a receipt?

SillyMillysMummy Fri 14-Aug-09 12:28:17

Mine was funded within my start up grant (£350) from my LA, have you checked that your LA doesnt have a grant?

God that's expensive....shock. Mine was only 25, also funded by start up grant.

Welcome to mumsnet btw smile, we're a friendly bunch, don't know what I did b4 I started posting on here lol grin

minderjinx Fri 14-Aug-09 13:12:42

Mine was 85 too - it is shocking. There is no start up grant here so the only consolation is that it can be deducted from profit (hmm) for tax purposes.

BlueSkyDay Fri 14-Aug-09 13:18:10

thanks for the replies. i will find out if i am eligible for a start up grant as that would be really useful.

good to know too though that i can claim it back as a tax expense. i did get a receipt in case i could

atworknotworking Fri 14-Aug-09 17:56:06

Mine was only £17 must have a cheapy GP, didn't get funded here either, but keep all your reciepts for everything you buy even if you arn't trading yet you can still claim expenses for your start up costs.

Welcome to MN by the way.

Blondeshavemorefun Fri 14-Aug-09 17:59:19

welcome - im a nanny

you have to pay your gp to fill out a form for you shock

but yes claim on your tax return

atworknotworking Fri 14-Aug-09 18:55:16

Blondes its so ofsted can check that as cm's we are all sane LOL

Good job they don't check annually grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now