Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

overnight babysitting in own home

(4 Posts)
seventhheaven Thu 13-Aug-09 23:04:21

I've been asked to babysit overnight in my own home for a young lad with autism i often babysit for

TBH it suits me to have him at home and i have plenty of room

I wondered if anyone else does this and if its something there would be a call for

Dillydaydreamer Thu 13-Aug-09 23:22:48

Are you OFSTED registered? Its illegal to care for a non family members child for payment in your home unless you are registered.

Dillydaydreamer Thu 13-Aug-09 23:23:45

I have done overnight care as a registered CM.

nannynick Thu 13-Aug-09 23:47:40

As Dillydaydreamer says, as you are providing the care in your home, rather than the child's home you need to be registered as a Childminder (if in England, Wales or Scotland) as care is being provided after 2am. Childcare between 6pm and 2am is unregulated, but care between 2am and 6pm is regulated - see Childcare Act 2006.

There is some call for Respite care. However funding for such care can be tricky to get from Social Service departments, which leaves parents having to fund it themselves which can be very costly. Social Services may help parents fund such care via Direct Payments.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now