Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Trying to look up ofstead reports please help me!

(10 Posts)
makedoandmend Thu 13-Aug-09 13:46:10

I've got the postcodes of some CMs and have been told that I can look up the ofstead reports using them. However the only thing I can see on the ofstead site is a postcode search where I put my postcode in and it gives me lots of ofstead reports for the CMs within a five mile radius. I've tried putting in the CMs postcode but get a huge list of CMs (everyone within a five mile radius of her postcode)

Am I missing something? blush

Katymac Thu 13-Aug-09 13:52:24

You can change 5 miles to 1 mile

like this don't know if it will help

makedoandmend Thu 13-Aug-09 13:54:41

That comes up as five miles on mine. Did it say one mile when you set the link?

makedoandmend Thu 13-Aug-09 13:57:07

Is the CM nearest the top the nearest - ie likely to be the one I'm looking for?
Rang ofstead - no use, rang CIS - no use

chandellina Thu 13-Aug-09 14:16:47

yes - if you have their postcode, you will almost certainly get their ofsted report first. if you know any other info - such as how long they've been childminding, that will let you verify it is indeed that person.

Katymac Thu 13-Aug-09 15:01:24

The address line (where you would type www.etc) should have +1 mile at the end which means it is childminders within 1 mile of that postcode

Katymac Thu 13-Aug-09 15:02:04

You have to replace the +5 miles with +1 mile (iyswim)

squirrel42 Thu 13-Aug-09 15:41:22

If you want to use the childminder, ask them what their URN is then you could just search for that?

The info our FIS [the old CIS] sends out has the cms URN number on the information sheets - but don't base your decision entirely on their Ofsted report...............

When you visit a cm they should have their latest report available - unless they've just registered. I have mine in my portfolio and prospective parents can view it anytime.

makedoandmend Thu 13-Aug-09 18:43:12

Thanks everyone have now cracked it (I think) grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now