Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

what would be a good present??

(9 Posts)
crispycake Wed 12-Aug-09 11:11:34

Hi im a nanny and its my bosses birthday tomorrow and im stuck at what i should get her as she seems to have evrything! any ideas would be great!

MamaKaty Wed 12-Aug-09 13:04:23

How about making her a voucher for some free babysitting time or something? How old are the children you look after? I bet she'd appreciate something handmade with them much more than anything you could buy for her

nannynick Wed 12-Aug-09 14:51:15

This raises an interesting debate actually:

Should employees buy their boss a birthday present?
Does that happen in other employment situations, such as in an office?

Making something with the children so that the children can give a present to their mum/dad is one thing... the nanny giving a present - hmm, that may be crossing the line between being a employee and a friend.

MuffinToptheMule Wed 12-Aug-09 14:54:36

You can be both an employee and a friend.

I made my ex boss, who is still a friend a babysitting voucher.

crispycake Wed 12-Aug-09 17:21:58

thanks for the ideas! for my birthday i got given a very expensive gift from her and i hadnt been ther for long! thats why im thinking of booking her in for a facial or something along them lines!

Imababysitter Wed 12-Aug-09 17:40:45

I don't get presents for my bosses just a card. I spend enough on the children's BDays tbh although at Christmas I make a calendar using photos of things we have done all through the year.

eastmidlandsnightnanny Wed 12-Aug-09 18:43:28

Maybe just a box of nice organic chocs or some nice wine or even a sanctuary candle from boots these are all nice token presents under £10 but shows you have thought of her and made the effort.

MinkyBorage Wed 12-Aug-09 18:51:38

No no no, don't book her in for a facial. I bought our pt mothers' help/cm some space nk vouchers for her b'day when she hadn't been here long, I think she might have though they were ott, but we're all crazy about her, and I know we'll feel the same way about her no matter how long she's here! I would be mortified if I thought that she was spending her hard earned cash on me, it would really defeat the object iyswim. For my b'day she bought me a lovely bunch of flowers, and I was delighted. Chocs or perhaps a book I might have wanted would have had the same effect!

crispycake Fri 14-Aug-09 17:18:16

thank you all for the ideas!
I ended up getting her a £10 bunch of m&s flowers which she loved!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: