Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

what would be a good present??

(9 Posts)
crispycake Wed 12-Aug-09 11:11:34

Hi im a nanny and its my bosses birthday tomorrow and im stuck at what i should get her as she seems to have evrything! any ideas would be great!

MamaKaty Wed 12-Aug-09 13:04:23

How about making her a voucher for some free babysitting time or something? How old are the children you look after? I bet she'd appreciate something handmade with them much more than anything you could buy for her

nannynick Wed 12-Aug-09 14:51:15

This raises an interesting debate actually:

Should employees buy their boss a birthday present?
Does that happen in other employment situations, such as in an office?

Making something with the children so that the children can give a present to their mum/dad is one thing... the nanny giving a present - hmm, that may be crossing the line between being a employee and a friend.

MuffinToptheMule Wed 12-Aug-09 14:54:36

You can be both an employee and a friend.

I made my ex boss, who is still a friend a babysitting voucher.

crispycake Wed 12-Aug-09 17:21:58

thanks for the ideas! for my birthday i got given a very expensive gift from her and i hadnt been ther for long! thats why im thinking of booking her in for a facial or something along them lines!

Imababysitter Wed 12-Aug-09 17:40:45

I don't get presents for my bosses just a card. I spend enough on the children's BDays tbh although at Christmas I make a calendar using photos of things we have done all through the year.

Maybe just a box of nice organic chocs or some nice wine or even a sanctuary candle from boots these are all nice token presents under £10 but shows you have thought of her and made the effort.

MinkyBorage Wed 12-Aug-09 18:51:38

No no no, don't book her in for a facial. I bought our pt mothers' help/cm some space nk vouchers for her b'day when she hadn't been here long, I think she might have though they were ott, but we're all crazy about her, and I know we'll feel the same way about her no matter how long she's here! I would be mortified if I thought that she was spending her hard earned cash on me, it would really defeat the object iyswim. For my b'day she bought me a lovely bunch of flowers, and I was delighted. Chocs or perhaps a book I might have wanted would have had the same effect!

crispycake Fri 14-Aug-09 17:18:16

thank you all for the ideas!
I ended up getting her a £10 bunch of m&s flowers which she loved!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now