Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Au Pair Agency

(8 Posts)
Dalex Tue 11-Aug-09 21:34:44

I have had a couple of au pairs before but this time I would like to find an agency to vet them first after my last young lady slept her way round the village and then went home! Can anyone recommend an agency for Surrey and reinstate my faith in au pair child care?

Millarkie Wed 12-Aug-09 21:10:43

Bumping for you Haven't used an agency myself - think someone on here has recommended aupairs by Pebbles before though.
I am wondering how they will guarantee than potential au pairs are not shameless hussys though
(I'm hoping my au pair will strike up a romance with a village boy..maybe she would extend her stay then )

catepilarr Wed 12-Aug-09 23:44:26

this is an agency i was in touch with for a few years and am under the impression they do check the applicants (i was looking for a job with them). last time i was in contact with this lady was in june last year though.

Maggie Dyer
THE LONDON AU PAIR & NANNY AGENCY
4 Sunnyside, Childs Hill
London
NW2 2QN
Tel: +44 20 7435 3891
Fax: +44 20 7794 2700
maggie@londonaupair.co.uk

NewTeacher Thu 13-Aug-09 11:57:14

Debbie at Abacus Au pair agency.

They place AP's all over. Fee is reasonable and I have used her for the last 3 years.

Google search and details will come up.

StillSquiffy Thu 13-Aug-09 13:14:35

I avoided this by getting male AP's smile

But the latest is being chased by half the girls in the village, so I think we are in for the same grin

Badpups Thu 13-Aug-09 22:33:07

I've used various agencies.

Our current AP came through Abacus Au Pairs and our previous via Childcare International.

One point is that some of the smaller agencies seem to change hands quite regularly so an agency which is good one year can be useless when looking for a replacement a year later (and vice versa).

becks5109 Fri 14-Aug-09 15:41:44

I've also heard that Abacus are very good and also the London Au Pair Agency was recommended to me - beware of high fees though!

dreamteamgirl Mon 17-Aug-09 22:42:12

I wouldnt reccomend Sunflower, they have been pretty useless right through

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now