Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Holidays and child minding!

(5 Posts)
Nancy10 Tue 11-Aug-09 13:40:54

I'm in the process of registering as a childminder! I would like to hear views on holiday pay! I was thinking of not charging if I take a holiday but charging normal going rate for the child I'm looking after, if they went on holiday.

I charge full for child's holidays but not for mine. I tell parents in January when I wil take my 4wks too, so they have plenty of notice.

Some cms I know charge half and half, but it's what you feel comfortable with.

Another I know charges full for both her own and children's holidays - parents didn't bat an eyelid, they just tend to take their hols at the same time.

Good luck. smile

atworknotworking Tue 11-Aug-09 13:55:58

Nancy10 the other thread might be useful for you to read, as a lot of cm's have but what they do on their already. smile

Nancy10 Tue 11-Aug-09 13:57:06

Thank you smile

danthe4th Tue 11-Aug-09 14:30:57

I charge full for the childs holiday but not for mine. I try to do term time only contracts and only take my holidays in the school hols as I have 4 children of my own.But plenty of cms charge for 4 or 5 weeks but I wouldn't get any work if I did that but I do charge a slightly higher rate than the other cms near me. Just go with what suits you. I tend to get teachers children as I suit them best doing term time contracts.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now