Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM Club: Staffroom W/C 10th Aug - we are all to busy for a daily one

(22 Posts)
Katymac Mon 10-Aug-09 21:13:08

So I thought we could have one a week

How are things going ladies (& nick)?

Any news?/gossip?

nannynick Mon 10-Aug-09 21:19:58

"we are all to busy for a daily one" - I like that idea grin

Trying to plan my week:

Tuesday - no idea yet... playing in the Woods perhaps (children seemed to like that last week, camp building... doll buggy pushing... picnic)
Wednesday - Walking up Box Hill
Thursday - playdate
Friday - Going on holiday (seem to have lots of those this past year... must be making up for not having them much in the past).

I hope it is dry during the day, rain at night.

nannynick Mon 10-Aug-09 21:22:01

News: Getting hardly any babysitting work at the moment, so am contacting agencies. But their rates are a lot lower than my usual... plus some want commission. May just hang on a while and see if things pick up in Oct/Nov/Dec.

looneytune Mon 10-Aug-09 21:22:47

Hi all

I'm just about to start putting 'a letter wink' together.

Soooo tired this hols but at least I have next week off grin. Finish work around 6pm on Friday and straight off on few days camping trip. Back on Monday then week off

What's everyone else been up to? I haven't been in much to notice no staffroom but yes, guess everyone is busy with loads of kiddies

Katymac Mon 10-Aug-09 21:27:52

I have 2 prospective employees (each with particular needs - both of whom may help me)

I have buggies for sale (sold 1 3 left)

I have a youngster coming in tomorrow to help me

mumlove Mon 10-Aug-09 21:47:44

Evening all.

I'm on my 1st camping holiday and enjoying the rest from work smile.
DH had another op on his elbow thursday came out of hospital friday lunchtime then we left on saturday morning. I was so pleased when we got to the camp site that 2 wonderful men helped me put the tent up as I couldn't have done it myself.

We are off to diggerland tomorrow if the rain stops!

Will be back at work on Monday though after having 2 weeks off and not looking forward to the alarm clock going off.

I hope you all have a great week.

looneytune Mon 10-Aug-09 21:59:21

Oh mumlove.........we'll be not far from you (again - although not AS close this time). We're off to Forest Edge Touring Park, not sure if you've heard of it? Going with some friends this time so should be more fun Hope dh is ok, I could never have managed our massive tent so you are brave, great you got help! Enjoy the rest of your stay!!

mumlove Mon 10-Aug-09 22:10:51

Looney - Have a great time. We are in Forest Glade in devon and I have found it to be lovely as have heard some horror stories about camping!

Katymac Tue 11-Aug-09 07:48:25

I am very envy about you both camping - we had t cancel as DH is too poorly

I have a lady coming to see me today about having an apprentice - I'm not sure - but we will see

Plus I have my lady to interview today - I am full of anticipation

mumsanutter Tue 11-Aug-09 07:51:45

Morning (11/8)

Not had a good few weeks but personal things not childminding related, so haven't been around much.

Question - if I take time off for compassionate reasons do I just class this as leave?

Hope everyone that is going away has a good time, not away this summer as we had our holiday at Easter.

HSMM Tue 11-Aug-09 08:45:41

Morning. My 19th wedding anniversary today. DH and DD still asleep. Getting a takeaway after work tonight.

looneytune Tue 11-Aug-09 08:54:41

Mumlove - enjoy

Katy - Good Luck

Mumsanutter - I've always treated it as holiday in terms of not being paid but in these circumstances, I can't give the usual 4 weeks notice. I hope you're ok, we're here if you want to talk x

HSMM - Snap apart from it's our 8th Wedding Anniversary (been together almost 13 years). Have a good day, not sure what we're doing, may try and persuade dh to get a take away but as he is probably about to be made redundant, not sure we can afford to Have a good day

atworknotworking Tue 11-Aug-09 14:30:41

Hello everyone, quiet day today just one mindee and DD they are playing in the messroom making dens with the torches and a lot of mess. Had some new mindees visit this am so full come Sept smile one less thing to worry about.

Feeling ok today, finished me med's so not sickie anymore.

Might go to the park before it rains.

Have nice hol's everyone who is camping, Katy hope DH is a bit better.

Nannynick - thank you so much really good info

Mumsanutter - take it easy

and finally happy anniversary we had our 18th shock last month DH rekcons he'd be getting out about now LOL

atworknotworking Tue 11-Aug-09 14:33:30

My sister joined MN today smile

If you come accross littlefraggle ca you say hi

thanks

Katymac Wed 12-Aug-09 10:49:10

Morning - we are making dragon flies today....picture on profile later maybe?

Numberfour Wed 12-Aug-09 10:56:51

hello.
have not been around for a while. not having a great CM day today - would rather be on the beach, with the sun shining!!!

atworknotworking Wed 12-Aug-09 16:04:50

Number4 We went to beach today, lovely, smile just got all the sand to clean up now, think they brought the beach back LOL

crace Wed 12-Aug-09 19:07:21

Just a fly by visit - just got some new business and another very very part time child coming for an interview tomorrow - so filling up my 1 under 5 and 1 over 5 nicely with part-timers. Will have to be very organised.

Hooray - 2 phone calls in 2 days - but nothing in months. Why is always so feast and famine?!

crace Wed 12-Aug-09 19:08:29

Katy - can I have a pic of the dragonfly?

Katymac Wed 12-Aug-09 19:42:58

On profile

Youngest child to manage it all - 25m

But younger ones did bits & were 'helped'

shoshe Wed 12-Aug-09 20:39:32

I took my two eldest mindees (6 and 7) plus DGD to the theatre to see HSM this afternoon, and do you know something I actually enjoyed it!

Eldest Mindee and DGD loved it, younger one got bored by halfway through (although it was her Mum that suggested we went.)

We did end up sitting in the middle, surrounded by The School Of Performing Arts, who sang danced and clapped all the way through! Very enthusiastic!

stomp Wed 12-Aug-09 23:01:46

i had today off- lovely
i threaded a new weaving frame, hung a number display from the ceiling, cleared out the shed so i can find the toys without everything landing on me

back to work tomorrow wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now