Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM Club:Weekend staffroom - it's very hot

(9 Posts)
Katymac Sun 09-Aug-09 14:36:15

I did a car boot yesterday & made very little money

Then it was the village fete & the church service/songs of praise & I got a touch of sun - for the first time in years - I really don't tan at all

My new buggies arrived this week & they are lovely so I am selling my old doubles (pics on profile) plus I might put then on Netmums (shh)

How is everyone else?

nannynick Sun 09-Aug-09 15:17:45

I think I made a loss on the last car boot sale I did. These days if I want to sell anything, I let my mum put it on ebay.

Sounds like the fete went well... good weather for it.

27.5 degrees C outside here... 25 in the shade. So I'm cooking curry!

nannynick Sun 09-Aug-09 15:24:49

On the childcare front... babysitting work is at an all time low. Only did one evening this past week. Have two booked for this week, so that's 100% improvement!

Having had car troubles recently (there was a thread about it) I now have a new car having now spent a lot of my savings. So I'm trying to get used to driving that - have yet to try a hill start... may try that later this afternoon. Trying to figure out how to keep the car clean, there are no pouches for the children to put things in which is possibly a good thing... though they do like having a book to read (or eat in the case of toddler).

atworknotworking Sun 09-Aug-09 17:37:08

I'm all hot and bothered DH at work tody, DD making lots of mess, I'm getting sooo frustrated trying to get finance together to buy a nursery, bank is being a bit arsey and will only go 50 / 50 anyone got any ideas where I can get the rest? Before my head explodes.

Katymac Sun 09-Aug-09 18:50:15

AWNW - remortgaging? That's what I did

Poor you Nick - will you logo the new car?

We just went our for a meal - DD is in Sweden with my mum & dad - then she rang while we were out, & DH is grumpy because we missed her call

nannynick Sun 09-Aug-09 18:52:43

Nothing you can do about missing the call... not as though you can wait indoor all the time. Maybe redirect phone to mobile.

No plan to logo new car.

Katymac Sun 09-Aug-09 18:55:39

AWNW - look on Business link Grant finder - contact the co-op bank, & business link directly

atworknotworking Mon 10-Aug-09 11:39:25

Thanks Katy - been on phone to bis link this am, going to see someone in a couple of weeks, someone else said about co-op might be worth a shot, I'm so impatient I like to get on with things, all this waiting for appointments / info is doing my head in.

No equity I'm afraid, havn't lived here long and house prices fallen so all a bit pants really, I think I must be mad grin

HSMM Mon 10-Aug-09 16:56:04

Went to see Walking with Dinosaurs at the 02 in London on Saturday - excellent show. My DD age 10 was really impressed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now