Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

birthday gift for nanny - wants contribution for hols

(6 Posts)
Page62 Fri 07-Aug-09 11:10:18

Hi
my dear nanny's bday is coming up and having worked for us for nearly 3 years we have been through several permutations of pressies for her (bday and xmas). i know she is going on hols in oct and i asked her if maybe we should just contribute towards that. i have ordered her a bday cake and my DCs will make her a card etc, but just wondering how much to give. we're not flush with cash but neither are we struggling -- do people feel the bare minimum here is a week's salary ? i don't want her to feel we don't value her......

any advice welcome

thanks

rubyslippers Fri 07-Aug-09 11:12:09

a week's salary on a birthday present

i wouldn't and not even for DH!

it is really nice to want to give her a great present as you value her

bertieboo Fri 07-Aug-09 11:19:42

Hi Page62... You are very kind and generous towards your nanny, and I am sure she knows how highly you value her.
How about giving her some money in the currency of the country she is having her holiday in for say 50% of her weekly wage?

Page62 Fri 07-Aug-09 11:24:06

that's a bit reassuring - thank you for your replies!
i may have read here in the past references to a week's salary and was not sure if that was xmas bonus, bday present, or both!
bertie -- hello! i hope you have forgiven me and my DD for that ghastly incident in your car....

Blondeshavemorefun Fri 07-Aug-09 14:00:49

agree a weeks salary for her birthday is very generous

saying that i got a lovely i pod shuffle from my guys last month - i was wow and very touched as well as a homemade gift from kids!!

though does seem the normal at christmas a weeks wages

agree some local currency is a lovely idea

littlestarschildminding Fri 07-Aug-09 15:55:44

I would not do a weeks wages as a b'day gift..I would be thinking more on the £50-£100 kind of range...Blimey I must be tight!!! lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now