Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Accor Vouchers - i need to know how it works at parent end!

(16 Posts)
sunnyshine Thu 06-Aug-09 18:58:11

hello, i need to know how the parent end of vouchers work. i am now 2 weeks late with payment and they are blaming accor. it is a direct payment to my account. they state that they cant transfer the payment any earlier as it is done via their work. i have other parents who can process as and when and do so! i just dont quite know what to believe and i need the money! any help or thoughts?

saz73 Thu 06-Aug-09 19:09:36

I get paid by accor vouchers and had no problems. This is what happens for me, the money is taken from parents pay, then on a set date, set up by parent with the company that runs the voucher scheme, the same amount is transfered to me each month.

My parent gets paid on the last day of the month and it hits my bank account 5 days later.

lisasimpson Thu 06-Aug-09 19:25:46

Is it the first payment - if so maybe they didn't set it up through their employer in time for the monthly cut off ? if it is not then they can make a one-off payment at any time via the Accor website.

sunnyshine Thu 06-Aug-09 19:29:24

no been getting later every month! i just want to get paid as per my contract but keep getting told its not their fault! they would be arsed off too if they didnt get paid but dont seem to see it like that! what to do!!!?

shoshe Thu 06-Aug-09 19:34:56

I have had trouble with Accor to be honest, that is why I have voucher policy, that parents have to keep a months vouchers in hand, (so that Mays voucher pays June sort of thing)

So as parents have a months in hand, they can release the mony from there accounts on the 26th and I get it on the first.

Sodexho only take about 3 days, but Accor has taken up to a fortnight.

SillyMillysMummy Thu 06-Aug-09 19:35:54

tell them to 'bank' next months money with accor, pay you cash and then re set up your payment the following month using previous months payment iykwim. It is THEIR responsibility to sort it out and pay on time, after all would your mortgage company wait?

shoshe Thu 06-Aug-09 19:38:37

Policy from my handbook.

Vouchers

I accept all vouchers, but do insist that you save the first months to pay the second month with as most voucher Companies do not let you release them before the 1st of the month, which means I might not receive them anything up to the 14th of the month.

lisasimpson Thu 06-Aug-09 19:39:59

I think they are talking bollocks - I had mine set up by DD - two days after payday it would automatically pay the nursery, but I used to get paid on the same date each month so that was straightfoward. Accor usually provide an info. pack for nurseries/childminders - do you have one of those where you can point it out to the parent - or ring them and check their procedure so you can prove it to the parent?

sunnyshine Thu 06-Aug-09 19:54:10

i think that too about paying in advance. i am going to suggest that. i just need to be brave!

Julesnobrain Thu 06-Aug-09 20:42:29

The parents are talking rubbish. Mine is set up to pay my nursery on the 2nd of every month. it hits their account 3 - 4 days later

MrAnchovy Thu 06-Aug-09 23:44:48

It may not be the parent's fault, it could be that their employer is slow paying Accor. If the money is in the parent's Accor account there is no benefit to the parents in not transferring it to you so you have no reason to assume they are lying.

On the other hand, whatever the reason it is not acceptable for you to suffer because they want to use vouchers, so I suggest that you explain to them non-confrontationally that if the voucher payment cannot be made in time they need to pay you directly and save the voucher for next month.

sunnyshine Fri 07-Aug-09 08:26:33

i dont think they are lying just not very forthcoming with information and its hard when you are relying on this money to pay for stuff and they couldnt care less! thanks for your input!

playftseforme Fri 07-Aug-09 08:28:49

They should pay you for a month in cash and then they will be two weeks ahead with Accor when it comes to making the next Accor payment

4372Sarah Tue 08-Sep-09 19:48:33

My childminder is trying to register with accor so I can pay with vouchers. The form asks her for a registration expiry date and she doesn't know what the date is or where is comes from

Does anyone know what should go in there?

Thanks
Sarah

nannynick Tue 08-Sep-09 20:15:21

Can't remember what I did for that, suspect I just left it blank. The registration certificates no longer have an expiry date on them.

Tan1959 Wed 09-Sep-09 15:01:31

4372Sarah

Accor usually need the childminder to send a copy of her Registration Certificate, if that helps.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now