Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

New Childminder-Blackheath SE3

(14 Posts)
dizzy2778 Thu 06-Aug-09 11:02:52

Hi,

I am currently in the process of becoming a registered childminder. I live around 5 minutes walk from Blackheath station.

I have recently completed OCN Core Skills Training, First Aid and Level 2 in Food Safety.

I would love to hear from anyone who knows if there is the demand for childcare in this area or has worked in that area before (before I hand my notice in to current employer!)

Thanks

angel1976 Thu 06-Aug-09 11:50:43

Hi dizzy2778,

I don't live in Blackheath itself but nearby and considered nurseries near the station as it would have been lovely to be able to DS off at CM/nursery and then walk to the station. Lovely area and there's always demand for CC. We looked at Blackheath Day nursery (near the rugby club) and there was a waiting list a mile long and they take over 70 children there so I would say yes, there is a definite demand for CC there. I didn't like the nursery there BUT have to say that the fact that there is free parking available (so parents who live a bit further away can drop their child off and then walk to station as opposed to shelling out hundreds on annual parking at the station) made the nursery very attractive! I wasn't keen on the nursery (too many children and it felt chaotic) but if it did, the fact that I could park there and then hop on bus for a 2-minute ride to the station woudl have been very attractive!

Good luck!

Ax

dizzy2778 Thu 06-Aug-09 14:28:48

Ah thank you, fingers crossed everything well with the inspection then-we have a free car park too which I wouldn't have thought to mention when advertising-thank you

Catilla Thu 06-Aug-09 23:00:23

Hi dizzy,

Yes I definitely think there is demand in the area. Almost all the ads for childminders I've seen in Blackheath (very few!) are in Lewisham/Catford/Eltham and not actually in Blackheath. I could only manage with a childminder if it wasn't too far out of my way and near school... driving in rush hour is a lost cause!

I would love to hear more about where you are and what setup you're thinking of - and I could perhaps suggest ways to get work? tried to CAT you but you're not setup. Do you want to CAT me or give your email address?

Thanks.

sallyssuperstars Sat 08-Aug-09 22:29:35

HI, I'm a childminder in Stevenage, Herts. I live close to the Fairlands lakes, with all their aminities, feeding ducks, the water parks, swings,slides etc.
I currently have 2 under 5 vaccancies, I regulary attend toddler groups and c.minder groups.. I hold a paediatric first aid certificate and other childcare certs. and am currently working towards nvq level 3 in chilcare learning and developement. I have competative rates, and work between 7.30 and 6.30 mon to fri. term and holidays..

dizzy2778 Sun 09-Aug-09 13:56:16

Hi Catilla,

My email address is kerrypimley@yahoo.co.uk if you would like to email me, I'd love to hear from you!

HeathEv Fri 21-Aug-09 10:43:12

Hello,

I am looking for Childminder in Blackheath - would it be possible to email you and find out more? Also if anybody has any thoughts on where to look to find details of childminders that would be really helpful!

Thanks

dizzy2778 Sun 23-Aug-09 11:41:23

Hi,

HealthEv, if you want to email me my address is below.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

dizzy2778 Sun 23-Aug-09 11:42:33

Sorry it's kerrypimley@yahoo.co.uk

chloe1602 Thu 27-Aug-09 14:48:59

I am currently a nanny in blackheath and do it part time as I am at university but on occasion when I have needed extra work or babysitting I have never had a problem, There seem to be a lot of families in the se3 area!

rosiebud Sat 29-Aug-09 15:31:49

Hi

I am a registered childminder based in Eltham.Are you still looking for childcare? How old are the children and what hours are you looking for?
regards

NovemberBean Mon 10-Dec-12 20:23:54

Hi, do you have a picture of yourself. I live in the area and am in need of a childminder.

NovemberBean Mon 10-Dec-12 20:31:14

Im sorry. I have just realised that that message i sent sounded insane. I am a paranoid first time mum and was hoping to see a picture of you to get a feeling of sending my little one to you. There are far to many stories going around to just send her of to anyone who you dont even know what they look like. I apologise.

NickNacks Mon 10-Dec-12 20:33:53

Erm this thread is 3 yrs old.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now