Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM Club: short term contracts

(10 Posts)
SillyMillysMummy Thu 06-Aug-09 09:55:17

I have been asked to care for a child for 2 days in the holidays as a one off. SHould I buy some ncma short term contracts? Write one myself? SHould I still get all policies and procedures signed? And what about EYFS? hmm is it worth it?

leonifay Thu 06-Aug-09 10:10:07

i would say eyfs no, contract yes, if your ncma covered then it has to be ncma contracts.

danthe4th Thu 06-Aug-09 11:30:02

Personally I would do the child record form,
and all the parental consent forms including the emergency medical permission form. I don't think its necessary to do a contract but you could include the permissions etc on one typed up inclusive contract of your own. Give ncma a quick ring to make sure that would cover you.You do eyfs anyway but no need to record anything thats seems ott.But I expect someone will correct me.

SillyMillysMummy Thu 06-Aug-09 13:22:47

thanks people, does anyone actually use their own? I cant think of why I would need ncma help for a one off of 2 days. I have adhoc contracts that I do use ncma full contracts, but cant see a point for this. Anyone have one they would mind me copying looking at grin

If you have insurance through ncma and don't use their contracts then you aren't covered if anything happens apparently sad. It's not worth taking the risk of not having a contract imo, do any of your cm friends have one you could 'borrow' - the short term cx are quite expensive to buy.

EYFS- no.

leonifay Thu 06-Aug-09 14:45:00

hey if you e-mail me your address i'll send you one if you like, i have 1 left in my book and more already on order

leonifay at hotmail dot co dot uk

SillyMillysMummy Thu 06-Aug-09 15:18:15

UPAOW - nightmare, grrr, not sure i know any of them well enough yet to 'ask a favour as such'

LEONIFAY - thats really kind of you, if you're sure you dont mind smile

dylansaunty Thu 06-Aug-09 17:50:30

Contracts and insurance ARE NOT LINKED. You do not need NCMA contracts to be insured with them, they are completely separate issues.

leonifay Fri 07-Aug-09 11:30:57

dylansaunty, one of teh terms in ncma insurance is that you use their paperwork, you cant do your own and you cant use anyone elses otherwise the insurance becomes invalid.

if you have mm insurance, it doesnt matter what contracts you use.

but in the case of NCMA they ARE linked and it does matter

ayla99 Fri 07-Aug-09 12:53:24

With NCMA you have to use their contracts if you want to use their legal representation service. They won't represent you if you used a different contract. When I last asked, they assured me that their legal helpline is open to all members regardless of whose paperwork you use and they do not impose a requirement to use their paperwork UNLESS you want the legal representative service as well. But using their representative doesn't guarantee you will win and if you do win there is no guarantee you will get your money anyway. So I decided to use my own contracts, get paid in advance and if I ever have to chase anyone for non-payment I can do it myself just as easily as through NCMA. A lot of people prefer the support from NCMA though, and are happy to buy their contracts for that reason.

I've not seen anything in my policy docs to say the policy is invalid if I don't use their paperwork. Leonifay, can you please quote exactly the wording in your policy that says about it being invalid - your policy may be newer than mine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now