Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Why do parents tell me nothing?

(19 Posts)
HSMM Thu 06-Aug-09 08:24:09

One of the children has been dropped off by her Dad. He stood there on my front door step wearing a lovely long flowing robe and fancy slippers. He normally wears a suit and shoes. Why did he not tell me why? Does he not realise how nosey interested I am? I even said "You look nice today" and got no information. (by the way ... I am assuming it was not his pyjamas)

Owls Thu 06-Aug-09 08:25:47

No idea but should think that was a sight and half first thing. grin

HSMM Thu 06-Aug-09 08:29:40

bit of a surprise hmm

lou031205 Thu 06-Aug-09 09:14:41

Why didn't you ask?

leonifay Thu 06-Aug-09 10:12:44

can you ask the child?

SillyMillysMummy Thu 06-Aug-09 12:13:59

pmsl, did you not take a pic grin

Mumcentreplus Thu 06-Aug-09 12:18:04

Whats wrong with you woman!..you should have asked! grin..

ruddynorah Thu 06-Aug-09 12:19:44

robe as in african dress/arab dress or robe as in dressing gown? could it just be his day off so he was in his normal (perhaps traditional from another country) clothes rather than work clothes?

leonifay Thu 06-Aug-09 12:23:54

you should know that if you post something like that everyones going to want to know what he was doing.

you now have to find out...i'm sure its mn law, and if its not it should be!

HSMM Thu 06-Aug-09 13:21:16

They are from Uganda and it did look like it might be some kind of traditional something or other. His 2 year old DD was no help at all!

What do I say? Why were you wearing a dress this morning?

Numberfour Thu 06-Aug-09 13:24:23

i think those long flowing robes are traditional garb. they can be very very elaborate.

must have been quite a shock first thing in the morning!!
for you, not him grin

Greensleeves Thu 06-Aug-09 13:24:53

cos it's none of your beeswax grin

I would have asked though, I'm rude!

Mumcentreplus Thu 06-Aug-09 13:37:41

LOL..Oh!..it's Traditional Dress..probably going to a special occassion..

HSMM Thu 06-Aug-09 21:10:25

Well .... when he came to pick up his DD tonight, still in resplendant (sp?) garb, I was just composing my question in my head when a 7 year old boy in my care blurted out "Why are you wearing a dress!" - reply "It's traditional" - well there you go ... but still a bit of a shock at 8am. I want to know more now.

franklymydear Thu 06-Aug-09 21:18:46

I would be careful how nosy you are on this. Some African countries wear traditional dress like this for funerals.

franklymydear Thu 06-Aug-09 21:18:47

I would be careful how nosy you are on this. Some African countries wear traditional dress like this for funerals.

HSMM Fri 07-Aug-09 08:17:59

Don't worry, I'm not going to ask him any more questions, because he was not particularly forthcoming with info. I may however at a later date ask him if he would like to come and chat to the children about his 'traditions' and 'clothes'. (covers loads of EYFS stuff)

SillyMillysMummy Fri 07-Aug-09 08:50:58

ah see, thats spoiled it now! Was thinking pink frilly number grin

StillSquiffy Fri 07-Aug-09 10:04:59

I went to a meeting once in an African Bank. Because we had flown over from the UK especially for the meeting, they went to the trouble of wearing traditional dress to show us they appreciated the effort we had made.

There were about 20 businessman round the conference table in flowing robes of every hue. They looked fabulous.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now