Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Looking for a nanny in Glasgow

(8 Posts)
kmowell Wed 05-Aug-09 20:32:59

Hi, considering using nanny services to help with 20 month old and 3 wk old...primarily the 20 month old 2 half days a week, any suggestions of agencies or how i would go about doing this......20 month old currently in nursery but since arrival of number 2 kicks up real fuss....in fact cant drive along the road the nursery is on without tears....

geordieminx Wed 05-Aug-09 20:41:48

Giraffescantrun10k might know someone... will try and see if I can find her.

Where abouts in Glasgow are you?

weegiemum Thu 06-Aug-09 08:22:08

We used A and H Childcare and got a great nanny through them.

Girraffes might also have an idea but she is having an op on her wrist today, so might not be about.

giraffesCanRunA10k Thu 06-Aug-09 08:41:39

Hiya, there are 3 main agencies in Glasgow -

A&H, WSNA and GCCS

If you dont want to go through an agency could advertise on gumtree/nannyjob. Are you looking for someone ASAP?

giraffesCanRunA10k Thu 06-Aug-09 08:43:13

If you would be in the house with the person then could consider mothers help - cheaper but less experience with children.

kmowell Thu 06-Aug-09 18:57:04

Thanks, have contacted WSNA so they seem to be on the ball, typically 20 month old trotted out of nursery quite happy at lunchtime..............

giraffesCanRunA10k Thu 06-Aug-09 22:46:28

Yvonne is lovely

westendmum Sun 16-Aug-09 00:58:43

I have had a bad experience with A&H so I would avoid them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now