Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM CLUB - if you have more than 2 children napping..........what do you do????

(69 Posts)
looneytune Tue 04-Aug-09 15:51:48

Just a quick question.......if you have more than 2 children who nap whilst with you, what are your arrangements re:

1) WHEN?

and

2) WHERE?

I'd be grateful if as MANY of you as possible could answer this, the more answers the better (even if you say 'same as so and so!!')

All will be revealed later

leonifay Tue 04-Aug-09 15:55:06

i've had one in the playroom, in a cot and 2 in the living room on the sofas. the baby had set napping times, the other 2 just dropped when they dropped and were put on to the sofas by me.

mumsanutter Tue 04-Aug-09 15:56:18

I had 2 asleep yesterday - 3pm, 1 fell asleep at the table so was moved to the sofa (3yrs old) and my son (2yrs old) had previously crawled onto the other sofa and gone to sleep.

Had 2 again today - 2pm (doesn't usually happen unless we are in the car going somewhere grin), and ds was this time asleep in the buggy and baby (5 mths) was asleep in the bouncy chair - didn't want to move her to thye travel cot in ds1 bedroom - downstairs.

Numberfour Tue 04-Aug-09 15:56:40

when: after lunch which is about 12ish

where: in travel cots - one in each bedroom (2 bed house)

(when i only minded a dear friend's LO who slept as badly as my LO did, I would have DS in his cot and mindee on my bed with me and I slept too!!! with mum's permission and envy.....)

saz73 Tue 04-Aug-09 15:56:47

I'm the same, younger one upstairs in travel cot and if older one wants a sleep on the sofa. Both agreed with parents.

GwarchodwrPlant Tue 04-Aug-09 15:57:34

I spread then about as much as poss so as not to disturb each other. I've registered a room upstairs with DS cot, the sofa and travel cot in the lounge and pram in hall.

GwarchodwrPlant Tue 04-Aug-09 16:00:23

I try and coincide the babies naps so one around 9.30am and the other around 1.30pm.

alibubbles Tue 04-Aug-09 16:25:17

Yesterday

1) 1.30 - 3.00

2) on mats, chosen by them, on the playroom floor

1) Today - 1.15 - 2.45 ( 3 children )

2) In cots, 1 in each bedroom and one on the sofa as she doesn't use a cot at home anymore. Sleeps on sofa at home for a nap.

Depending on ages, cots, sofa, floor or car!

stomp Tue 04-Aug-09 17:00:13

yesterday
1. 10-11 ish
2. one on sleep mat & one in pushchair
i made a cup of tea and got on with some paperwork

Hi Looney, hope you feelin better.

None nap now but when they did, youngest in travel cot in conservatory [but could see him through blinds], 2 older ones either ends of the sofa, usually from 12.30 - 2.00, if not longer.

Like Stomp, used that time to do paperwork or even shockto watch the news.

And they all slept at the same time..... synchronised sleeps wink

shoshe Tue 04-Aug-09 17:28:23

today, 3 all upstairs,

1 in a bed (2.10) 12.30pm

2 in cot (22m) 12.30pm

3 in cot (18m) 11.00

AvadaKedavra Tue 04-Aug-09 17:34:53

Different ones each day but:

Young baby goes in the car seat/pram/buggy in whichever room I am in, older baby goes in travel cot in lounge, older ones would be either on mats on the floor or on the settee with snuggly fleeces. Usually the settee.

Anyone up while others are sleeping we go into the dining room/garden and do other stuff but check on sleeping mindees obv.

Hope that helps?

AvadaKedavra Tue 04-Aug-09 17:36:27

Forgot when blush

babies - usually hour in am (10-11) and hour in pm (2-3) or whenever they happen to fall asleep

Older - they will let me know if tired, or will just conk out doesn't happen much any more but if it does, usually about an hour after lunch they start flagging.

mum2akebk Tue 04-Aug-09 18:14:46

Hi-hope things are going ok for you.

Normally children sleep after lunch, does vary but normally starts between 12.30/1.00. One child sleeps in a pushchair, with parents' permission - she will not sleep any where else (not sure if we are supposed to do this anymore though), the other upstairs in a travel cot in a bedroom.

Sleeps vary in time but normally child in pushchair will sleep for an hour or so and child in travel cot will sleep for hour and half/2 hours.

Katymac Tue 04-Aug-09 18:19:10

We are very child led here

Children & babies sleep whenever they want - I have on occasions had all 9 children asleep

4 in cots, 2 on mats, 2 in a bouncy chair & 1 on the settee

but that is unusual

I have 5 cots, 4 mats, 4 bouncy chairs & any number of buggies

They sleep whenever & where-ever they want really

danthe4th Tue 04-Aug-09 18:20:12

Usually 2 asleep in the afternoon in a double buggy out on a walk and then in the hallway, but I also have travel cots which can be upstairs or down depending on age and how long they sleep and if they get disturbed by older children. I try to be as flexible as possible but stick to the routine that the child is used to.

Mousey84 Tue 04-Aug-09 18:24:13

2 one year olds - one in travel cot - other freaks out in cot so sleeps in buggy. Or in the double buggy if weather nice enough for me to take them out. By coincidence, they both go down at the same time (noon)

atworknotworking Tue 04-Aug-09 18:42:55

depends on the child, try to keep to their home routine as much as possible, but sometimes if we have had a busy morning at playgroup or running around park, they nap after lunch and nappy change,

what in - travel cots, sleep mats, occassionally buggy usually for settling in as it smells of home, then move to cot with their own blanket again from home.

where - occossionally in car on way to / from somewhere, usually in the sleep room, either individually or occassionally all together using cots / mats depending on ages.
sleep room is upstairs, myself or assistant stay in the room with them.

when - as per home routine, or if parents request times for example if going out in evening party etc. or when child tired / requests sleep.

mumlove Tue 04-Aug-09 18:47:37

the babies go to sleep in the cot/travel cot in spare room (buggy if out) 10-11am & 2-3pm.

Nearly 3 yr olds settee, pillows on floor or buggy after lunch for 30mins. 1 of them brings his own buggy and will take himself to it if tired.

LoveMyGirls Tue 04-Aug-09 18:51:39

Both nap after lunch and one in cot, one in pushchair.

moomillion Tue 04-Aug-09 20:04:51

hi usually have 1 in carrycot (from pushchair)
1 on one sofa and (my dd) on other sofa or in bed.

All after lunch, except my daughter was climbing upstairs to bed while i was doing tea for a mindee and fell asleep on the landing between the stairs was so cute especially when our cat snuggled upto her at 5:30 still in bed now fingers crossed for the rest of the day.

Sometimes in car and will sit on patio doing paperwork, sometimes they pass out on sofas and sometimes they dont have a sleep sorry if not much help

HSMM Tue 04-Aug-09 20:44:57

but ... if you are minding in the holidays, how do you let the little ones sleep on the settee/mats/pushchair/etc if the bigger ones are charging around?

<lucky to have a spare bedroom downstairs>

mumsanutter Tue 04-Aug-09 21:10:42

I try to have a craft activity, or outside play or a wii/playstation/xbox game (weather and child dependant!) at the ready for the older children during the holidays especially when the younger ones are asleep. This works really well, apart from when ds1 is being a wannabe teenager and has decided to not move from his pit, so the sleeping arrangements are moved around a bit grin. The joys of being a childminder means that we are flexible........

thebody Tue 04-Aug-09 22:15:25

I have general nap time for all mindees either just before lunch or just after.. got much too complicated to accommadate different times.

Guess lucky enough it works for me and I get at least an hour a day free to do paperwork.

dcs age range are from 1 to 2.7 months so no tiny babies.

also have seperate dedicated playroom and sleeping room.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now