Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Another Scottish question...nanny wages?

(3 Posts)
dontrunwithscissors Mon 03-Aug-09 11:49:09

The recent post about using childcare vouchers in Scotland has got me thinking about wages. I'm planning on hiring a nanny for the first time when I return to work from maternity leave, but I really don't know what a reasonable wage would be for my area. (I've seen lots of posts on here about wages, but they're focussed upon London/the South.) I'm based in Dundee (so fairly low cost of living), and would be looking for someone 9 hours a day, 3 days per week. I'd prefer someone with a qualification, and a minimum of 2 years experience. Can anyone give me an idea of wages?

Many thanks!

dontrunwithscissors Mon 03-Aug-09 12:20:31

Replying to my own post....just figured out how to search earlier posts, and found a few comments on wages for Scottish nannies. I had a figure of £10 gross in my head, which seems to be in the right area. If anyone can confirm/deny that, though, I'd be grateful.

nannynick Mon 03-Aug-09 13:52:54

Perhaps try looking at nanny agency websites to see what jobs they are listing.

ScottishChildcare.gov.uk : Dundee Childcare Information Service - Agencies

NannyJob Job Search : All Jobs in Scotland

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now