Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

If I tell ofsted an exact date and time that a CM is leaving children with unregistered people....

(7 Posts)
NickyPickyLicky Sat 01-Aug-09 23:01:56

Will they turn up on the times that I say?

Basically. I know of a childminder who regually leaves children in the care of unvetted people without the parents permission. I want to report it, but I want to make sure she is caught red handed as she usually worms her way out of everything.

For example, I know once a week, she leave them (in her house) with her parents. To do the food shopping hmm and to do the school runs. She does leave them with other people too but I couldn't find out a day or time in advance.

Also if they do come on the right day - what if she is actually home. I mean, she isn't out all day - just for the school runs and food shop??

positiveattitudeonly Sun 02-Aug-09 08:19:34

I would phone ofsted and speak to them. They were really understanding when I needed to speak to them about something and did everyhting they said they would. Explain your concerns without being personal and give them all the information you have, times etc, as much as possible and ask them what they will do.
Good luck. smile

nannynick Sun 02-Aug-09 09:30:31

Yes, if Ofsted's investigations team feels that a timed visit is necessary, they will take into account information received when timing such a visit. However there is no guarantee that they will do that.

Have you looked at her registration to check that she has no registered assistants? You can see her registration online... search on her full postcode (or registration number if known).

If they visited and at the time of the visit the person was at home, then Ofsted could ask about children being left with other people... but would not be able to prove it.

magicOC Sun 02-Aug-09 11:33:03

I read your other thread over in AIBU.

Yes you do need to report her, I understand tho the problems that may occur with your family.

Just be aware tho re: leaving the children with other people, you mentioned on the other thread one was her husband?? All members of the household need to be vetted so he should be clear.

AvadaKedavra Sun 02-Aug-09 21:16:57

Vetted is one thing, registered as an assistant is entirely different. Just because a CM's husband or over 16 child is CRBed doesn't mean that they can be left totally unsupervised by a CM who is absnet from setting.

floatyjosmum Sun 09-Aug-09 22:11:35

i think you should definately tell them, as a parent who uses 2 different cm's i wouldnt be happy if one of them was leaving them with other people especially as they get paid!
have to say 1 of mine has her mum registered as an assisstant but still asks me when she is leaving ds with her

atworknotworking Mon 10-Aug-09 12:00:21

Just as an add on to avadakedavra <coolname btw> and floatyjosmum yes people over 16 do need to be crb checked, but they also need to be registered assistants to be left with mindees they also need parental permission to be left with registered assistants and the details need to be on the childminders ofsted registraton certificate, if the CM does not have all of the above then yes she is breaking her rules of registration, if she has then she is technically not doing anything wrong, although leaving mindees so she can go shopping is a bit hmm can she not get it delivered?

Or are their other issues with this as well?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: