Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM Club - Looneytune could do with non-public advice/support, if you're a regular and fancy helping........

(48 Posts)
looneytune Sat 01-Aug-09 12:23:48

Hi everyone

I really do need advice on how to handle all this stuff but I don't want to do it in public as I just don't know who I can trust any more.

If you're a regular I chat to on here and would like to help me out, if you've not already emailed me, can you email: looneytune76@hotmail.co.uk Those of you who use my other address, still do that as I don't actually use this one, just for things like this wink

If you email me and I don't add you, please don't take it personally. I'm just not great at keeping up with all names and if I'm unsure who you are, I'd rather not add you as I'm not sure who I can trust so just being careful

The idea is that I put you all on a bulk email, explain what's happened and ask questions etc. to you all at once. This will be better than chatting to you all individually. Hope that's ok.

Thanks everyone xxx

Katymac Sat 01-Aug-09 12:39:20

Looney - should you verify who people are? If your accuser comes on MN they might sneak in through your email addy & get info about your defence - or am I cynical & meanminded

atworknotworking Sat 01-Aug-09 12:43:05

I think Katy's got a good point Looney - crackpotts stop at nothing, wonder whats the best way to do it.

looneytune Sat 01-Aug-09 12:53:42

Maybe you could email me with your MN name and also put on this thread that yes, you have emailed me?

Or do you think I can't trust a regular I chat to on here? Suppose I can't trust ANYONE really.....I don't know, what do you guys think?

alibubbles Sat 01-Aug-09 13:01:57

I have emailed you smile

atworknotworking Sat 01-Aug-09 13:03:54

sent you an email to 76 addy.

Katymac Sat 01-Aug-09 13:20:02

I think you should ask people for proper contact details & maybe their EY number? I don't think your friends would mind, would they?

It would be awful to rant & for that rant to get to the wrong people

southernbelle77 Sat 01-Aug-09 13:23:38

LT I've emailed you on the address I have emailed on before.

mumsanutter Sat 01-Aug-09 13:41:37

Sent you an email

looneytune Sat 01-Aug-09 13:54:07

Good point Katy. When looking at EY number, do you mean to see if they are local and competition? Or to check they are legit CM?

atworknotworking Sat 01-Aug-09 14:01:21

I would check both if we send our addresses and ey number you should be able to link them up.

Katymac Sat 01-Aug-09 14:03:54

What I was thinking is that their contact details & reg number confirms they are a legitimate individual rather than a busybody/your accuser

I hadn't even thought that some minder might be in competition with you blush & it might be malicious

Katymac Sat 01-Aug-09 14:05:22

As in a malicious complaint from your competition rather than a disgruntled parent iyswim

lou031205 Sat 01-Aug-09 14:09:17

looneytune, I am not a CM, so won't email you, but I just want you to know that I am thinking of you and hope that this situation is resolved really quickly. I hope the posters who email you can offer you really helpful support. Just remember that you have done nothing wrong, and keep the children as your first priority. You will get through this x

Katymac Sat 01-Aug-09 14:28:22

Lou - I didn't mean to exclude non-minders I just think Looney needs to identify those she releases information to because it might lead to legal action

I don't know how non-minders could identify themselves - does anyone have any ideas?

lou031205 Sat 01-Aug-09 14:51:21

No problem! I don't think looney particularly 'knows' me, I just wanted to add my vague support smile

MaureenMLove Sat 01-Aug-09 14:55:15

I think it would have to be through CM's knowing them first, maybe?? I'm not sure how much LT actually posts anywhere else, other than on CM boards.

Anyway, I'm in Looney. But since you e-mailed me this morning, you know that and I can vouch for Kbear & MamaG, in case they have anything to add at any point!

LuluMaman Sat 01-Aug-09 14:58:43

i am not a CM, but have seen LT posting aroudn teh board. i dn;t know what is going on, but want to add, like lou, my vauge support smile

looneytune Sat 01-Aug-09 15:31:42

Thanks everyone, means a lot

Katy - I am 99.99% sure it's not a parent as they are all asking me what they can do to help. It's either someone from my past coming to haunt me (we've had problems some years ago), someone who doesn't like the fact I'm successful and wanted to cause crap or.....??? God knows. The mind boggles!!

Mo - I very very rarely go anywhere other than the CM section. Tbh, I don't get much time to even get on here that often.

As for identifying, do we all think that as long as I can see they are a childminder and they are located somewhere which doesn't connect to my past etc, that I can trust them? What do you think?

Non childminders - thanks for adding your support, I don't know what I'd do without you all looking out for me. Thanks

crace Sat 01-Aug-09 16:26:58

LT I just emailed you but didn't read this first, happy to reemail with details x

BradfordMum Sat 01-Aug-09 17:42:39

I'm just about to email you. I'm up in Yorkshire and dont know you in real life, but feel you've been done a mighty injustice and want to help in any way I can.

I'll also sent you my web address and Ofsted number so you can check me out!

Keep strong,

Sally xx

saz73 Sat 01-Aug-09 18:20:58

Hi, I'm a local cm to LT. I've had trouble in the pass where other CM's in the area have been taking my adverts down. Had CCTV shown to me to prove this. It's horrible to think and say but some cm's would not think twice to cuase trouble for others. I've definatley had my fair share of trouble in my area.

danthe4th Sat 01-Aug-09 18:44:23

Do you think it could be someone you know from a school as its a bit sus that the complaint has been made close to the long holidays and you don't get the chance then to see people. just a thought. hope your ok today.

SillyMillysMummy Sat 01-Aug-09 18:44:58

LT, I will email you, dont know if i can help smile

moomillion Sat 01-Aug-09 19:07:45

im a childminder have not spoken to you before but there is alot of this going around where im from and its all malicious from people getting the wrong idea whilst at play centres etc or other childminders jealousy. (obviously none of this is proven but sometimes the relation of the complaint points out the meanie.
Fortunately this hasnt happened to me but i feel for you and if you need another person to add to your list for a point of view i am no where near where you are so there would be no worries there let me know

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now