Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Any CM bought an accounts spreadsheet package?

(15 Posts)
SillyMillysMummy Fri 31-Jul-09 08:36:18

Am thinking of buying a package, an integrated one so that it forwards the info from one page to another and wondered if anyone had a recommendation?

looneytune Fri 31-Jul-09 09:07:14

Yes, can highly recommend Childsplay Accounts!!!

SillyMillysMummy Fri 31-Jul-09 09:16:21

lt, what info do you need to put in then? I am busy linking my own spreadsheets etc but am sure theirs will look loads better

SillyMillysMummy Fri 31-Jul-09 09:17:52

does it auto pop invoices?

looneytune Fri 31-Jul-09 09:19:22

It has a page where you put mindee details and it copies it across for each month. You put in bills and it works out the figure based on % for hours worked (you put in a bit saying what hours did that week. You log all your income and expenses and it works out wear and tear. You put in miles for each trip and it works out the mileage amount. All these figures then on a summary sheet which shows the net profit etc. broken down. I really like it

looneytune Fri 31-Jul-09 09:21:35

no invoices, it's a spreadsheet for logging stuff for your tax return. i personally wouldn't want it doing invoices as if something changes to what was invoiced, it could mess up the true figures (I'd probably forget to make necessary changes!)

southernbelle77 Fri 31-Jul-09 09:37:29

I use childsplay accounts too! Its great for my tax return!

SillyMillysMummy Fri 31-Jul-09 11:48:07

OK, so I am writing my own grin does anyone use, or know why we should keep the ncma form 'record of payment' and get parent to sign? I dont find it useful at all and currently dont get it signed, although obviously parents sign the attendance register and get receipts for their payments

leonifay Fri 31-Jul-09 11:55:03

i know if you dont use the ncma contract forms the insurance is invalid, could they have possibly written this for the legal help too?

i use it and actually find it really usefull, last tax year i used the computer for all my invoices, tax stuff and payments but i am finding this way so much quicker and easier, but i guess its just each to his own!

leonifay Fri 31-Jul-09 11:57:18

i ment if your not using the record of payment as proof they may have written somewhere that you are no longer eligibal(sp?) for free legal help if you have a problem with parents not paying.

its just a thought i'm not sure

SillyMillysMummy Fri 31-Jul-09 12:06:10

oh god really? there is just sooo much to do and sign, i really didnt find this one necessary hmm

leonifay Fri 31-Jul-09 12:07:26

like i said i dont know, its just a thought and worth finding out about

alibubbles Fri 31-Jul-09 17:59:38

Childplay from Lisa, brilliant! My accountant was terribly impressed.

shoshe Sat 01-Aug-09 14:47:03

Dh went on a resttlement course (about to leave the Army) and did all mine grin

It has all I need on it, does all my invoices and such including a end of year statement for Parents.

(Why he chose to do a accounts course when he is a Mechanic, I not quite sure, nbut handy it is grin

SillyMillysMummy Sat 01-Aug-09 18:46:50

Took me around 10 hours to do yesterday grin but i think I have a working interactive accounts package hmm maybe

x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now