Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

where to find a CM???

(5 Posts)
melissa75 Thu 30-Jul-09 17:33:00

I am looking to hire a CM to start in September. Would primarily be for before and after school care, for my three children. I am expecting a new baby in the autumn term, and thus will be on mat leave, but once I go back to work, in Sept 2010, I would like someone who will be able to take care of an infant. Anyway, any ideas on where to find someone? Is agencies the best way to go? Or do you do it via word of mouth or what? I am in the GLA if that makes a difference?

artifarti Thu 30-Jul-09 17:46:47

Check with your local council - mine provided me with a list of local registered CMs.

AvadaKedavra Thu 30-Jul-09 18:03:43

www.childcarelink.gov.uk/

This is the link to the councils' lists across the UK

nannynick Thu 30-Jul-09 18:12:43

All local authority Families Information Services (sometimes called Childcare Information Service) have to by law provide information about all local childcare provision (assuming you are in England). A similar system operates in Scotland and Wales.

www.childcarelink.gov.uk and childcare.direct.gov.uk/ will both enable you to access the database which lists details of your local Families Information Service plus may also list individual childcarers (though always best to contact FIS for the latest update list, as not all providers want their information to be on the website).

What's GLA?

melissa75 Fri 31-Jul-09 09:39:37

thanks for those links, will go and check them out just now!

nannynick, GLA is Greater London area...as in within the M25 vicinity!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now