Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

If you like the other family who use your CM, but are not overwhelmed by the CM...

(9 Posts)
wheelsonthebus Thu 30-Jul-09 16:12:44

would you use them? A v v nice woman is offering to share a CM with me. The woman and her family are lovely. Met the CM. Was pretty disappointed - monosyllabic, bit vague, not terribly tactile with dc. I pressed the woman as to what were the CM's good points. She says she is v reliable. But 3 days a week, the CM will be with my dc on her own. Am I being a bit anal? Shd I just go with it. She has worked for the other woman for years...

nbee84 Thu 30-Jul-09 16:16:42

Reliability is not the most important factor a childminder should possess.

So, no, don't just go with it. You need to find a childminder that suits yours and your childs needs.

Katymac Thu 30-Jul-09 16:17:16

That sounds a bit odd

Umm does the childminder not advertise for herself, why does she have no other children

TBH this sounds more like a nanny share

Is it at the minders house?

wheelsonthebus Thu 30-Jul-09 16:25:20

katymac - yes. it's more a nannyshare i suppose

Katymac Thu 30-Jul-09 16:30:37

Oh - they I would say definitely no

Nannys & childminders are very different

nannynick Thu 30-Jul-09 18:19:45

Personal recommendation is all well and good, but you still need to check the person out yourself which you have done. As they did not leave you with a great impression, No don't use them... look at other Registered Childminders in your area. Gut feeling is mentioned on here quite a bit with regard to finding a childcarer, trust your gut instinct.

luckylady74 Thu 30-Jul-09 18:23:21

Just be careful how you phrase the rejection with the other family-it's always a bit gutting when someone doesn't like your childcare choices!
As others have said you must go with your instinct.

AtheneNoctua Fri 31-Jul-09 08:40:26

If the best thing you can say about a childminder is that she is reliable I think that says a lot about what wasn't said.

If you want a nanny share, perhaps you and other lovely family could find a better nanny to share.

Life is too short to make your kids spend the day with someone you don't really like.

Greatfun Fri 31-Jul-09 10:04:19

I wouldn't.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now