Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

New mindee never arrived?, but they took all my reg details for tax credits???

(7 Posts)
PinkChick Thu 30-Jul-09 14:12:16

came last week, very keen wanted to start asap but needed to sort childcare element of tax credits, they rang while here, gave all mine and their details (inc more hours than we'd originally discussed?, i assumed this was a max hours and can/could be amended?)..due to ring friday to confirm they would start monday, no phone call, didnt arrive monday and still no contact?, i have no details as i said i would write out contract and child record friday night and take it round when theyd called as i was busy working at the time..i have theyre names, the road they live on but thats about it?...i dont know if theyve just not heard from tax credits and havent botherd ringing until they do, or if my reg details are being used to claim fraudulently?, never thought the latter until someone else suggested..cnt get through to tax credits till saturday, so for now im left hanging??
can i do anything else to check wether theres been a claim made yet?

exrebel Thu 30-Jul-09 15:30:17

wow...

I would ring HMRC and ask what the procedure is. I have checked the website about [[http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/TAXCREDITS/things-go-wrong/complaints-appeals/fraud.htm#c fraud] and they direct people to the directgov website thattells people to call the National Benefit Fraud Hotline on 0800 854 440

exrebel Thu 30-Jul-09 15:31:12

I would ring HMRC and ask what the procedure is. I have checked the website about fraud and they direct people to the directgov website thattells people to call the National Benefit Fraud Hotline on 0800 854 440

exrebel Thu 30-Jul-09 15:33:07

and I would keep documentation in writng whenever possible, in case there is a comeback to you in the future.

PinkChick Thu 30-Jul-09 15:41:11

hi, i dont have anything from her, she just rang them while she was here and gave all my info and her info..seemed genuine and am thinking she just hasnt botherd to ring while she gets it sorted..maybe chose a different childminder??..BUT she did give them MY details, so they will think I am being paid by her when im not..YET??..i rng tax credits and a recorded message told me to ring back after july 31st as they were extremely busy??

They should be able to trace a fraudulent claim as parents have to give your Ofsted reg number to claim. I would write to them and keep a copy of the letter. Also, give them all of the info you have given us. Have to say, does sound dodgy......

PinkChick Fri 31-Jul-09 08:26:23

hmm..will try ringing tax credits again tomorrow when they said to ring back and see if she is already claiming then put it in writing, i said i dgive her till end of this week..no decent person would leave it this long after sounding so definate in meeting and taking info would they? sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now