Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM Club: CM Numbers fall yet again - Now it's 10 successive quarters

(4 Posts)
Arfa Thu 30-Jul-09 13:10:10

This time it's a net figure of 736 or nearly 250 a month and this has now been happening for a continuous 2½ years. The only positive spin that can be placed on this is that the number is less than the previous 2 quarters, but it is still more than twice as many as the equivalent quarter of last year.

You can find the latest report here

Arfa Fri 31-Jul-09 09:21:49

Looks like this is such a regular occurrence that it doesn't even merit a comment.

looneytune Fri 31-Jul-09 09:23:49

This does not surprise me AT ALL!! They'll never see it being because of the changes though, they'll insist it's other reasons!!

danthe4th Fri 31-Jul-09 12:31:13

I was told that since september and the eyfs it now takes longer to register and the new minders are only just beginning to filter through but I am not surprised by the figures, i've only been minding for nearly 2 years and it has taken over my life, my home and my time. I have 4 children of my own and believe me it would be easier going out to work. But I couldn't earn as much so I shall stick with it a bit longer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now