Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Childminders and swine flu - whats the "rules"

(10 Posts)
NickyPickyLicky Thu 30-Jul-09 09:22:04

I couldn't believe MIL (CM) still wanted us to come over when DD1 had swine flu. She had 3 under 5s and some after school. We phoned to say we weren't coming and she just said to come anyway, swine flu and all. Surly she is then putting those children at unneccessary risks? I know SF can't really be avoided but to purposly allow your mindess to come into contact with it? We obviously didn't go - DD was too poorly to go anywhere anyway.

My guess, is that she wanted her mindees to catch it so she got paid time off sad

SillyMillysMummy Thu 30-Jul-09 09:41:27

shock you think this of your cm and you still send your lo there?

southernbelle77 Thu 30-Jul-09 09:48:04

I believe (although rules seem to change so often I could be wrong) that if you have sf in your setting (ie you or a member of your family living in the setting) then you have to close for 7 days or until the symptoms have all gone. My dd had it last week and I had to close for a week and didn't get paid, which was hard but I would not have wanted any of the mindees I care for to get it.

I would class it as negligence to purposefully bring sf into a cm setting.

feelingreallysadrightnow Thu 30-Jul-09 09:48:32

i think ops mil is am cm (but ops daughter is not minded by her)

feelingreallysadrightnow Thu 30-Jul-09 09:48:33

i think ops mil is am cm (but ops daughter is not minded by her)

Sensitivechildminder Thu 30-Jul-09 09:54:19

I have SF and I'm a cm, I'm closed for 7 days.

NickyPickyLicky Thu 30-Jul-09 10:28:43

SillyMillysMummy - Thanks for that. No I don't send my DD there at all. She is my MIL and I can't change that. She doesn't even have my DD alone even though she is their Nan. But thanks, very helpful reply.

dietstartstomorrow Thu 30-Jul-09 11:51:46

So does this mean if a mindee has SF, we have to exclude for 7 days?

crace Thu 30-Jul-09 13:47:04

diet - yes, sadly. Unfortunately WE were the ones to have SF starting with the children and then us so it's been 2 weeks of closure. Starting again on Monday

SillyMillysMummy Thu 30-Jul-09 18:20:36

NickyPickyLicky sorry misread blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now