Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Apparently I have Swine flu, the doctor said to stay off work for 7 days...

(14 Posts)
Sensitivechildminder Wed 29-Jul-09 10:15:26

But it's not even confirmed, I have the main symptoms like a disgusting looking throat and body ache (mild), temp 38, but it could be tonsillitis. 7 days is a lot surely, I wont compromise the children's health obviously and will stay off for 7 days but its financial catastrophe for me, sorry for the renting, I'm upset and not well sad

PinkChick Wed 29-Jul-09 10:29:43

if the doc said youre showing symtoms but has not confirmed/gave you drugs, then i would contact all parents and tell them this.
If you feel well enough to work in a couple of days, ring the parents and give them the option of bringing the children back, but bbest to err on side of caution

Sensitivechildminder Wed 29-Jul-09 10:46:13

So if I'm ok, I could still work on monday ?

PinkChick Wed 29-Jul-09 10:51:03

i think only you will know that when monday rolls round, see how you aare over weekend and let parents decide

PinkChick Wed 29-Jul-09 10:51:39

have you been given drugs for it?

Sensitivechildminder Wed 29-Jul-09 10:52:27

Thanks you manage to cheer me up a bit, I'm sure I'll feel better, cant afford not to sad

PinkChick Wed 29-Jul-09 11:12:41

best to just chat with perents TBH, then you'll know where you stand 8-)

Hope you DO feel better soon 8-)

Sensitivechildminder Wed 29-Jul-09 11:44:38

Yes I have been given drugs for it.

Oligo Wed 29-Jul-09 12:58:34

Although it might be hard for you financially parents def. should be given all info. Especially since SF can be much worse in very young children or for other reasons only they might know about e.g. pregnancy/asthma. My conscience couldn't cope with it if i hadn't told them. Ask doctor how long contagious if swine flu. Hope you get better soon.

danthe4th Wed 29-Jul-09 14:24:17

yes it's 7 days if you've been given tamiflu

looneytune Wed 29-Jul-09 14:36:40

Funny how they are all saying something different!! I'm open today after a 5 day closure (this included the weekend) and this is the advice I was given, same as a mindee who uses a different Dr.

ayla99 Wed 29-Jul-09 14:44:29

My "update" letter says 5 days (7 days for children).

Can you offer any extra hours when you re-open? (if you have unfilled vacancies or gaps due to part timers perhaps). Or offer saturdays or late evenings - depending on the jobs the parents have and what arrangements they make while your closed - they might need to make up hours themselves?

PinkChick Wed 29-Jul-09 16:25:33

ah, i didnt know youd been given meds from doc, id say you would HAVE to go with the correct exclusion period then, my cousins little boy comes out of his tomorrow and it wasnt pretty 8-(.

Sensitivechildminder Wed 29-Jul-09 16:53:45

yes she gave antibiotics,I'm going some days off I had plan later in the month..and try to work som extra hours as suggested

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now