Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Babysitting in SE1 - what do people do?

(5 Posts)
elizabethbob Wed 29-Jul-09 08:03:51

Hi! When I go back to work in September there are likely to be some evenings when we need a babysitter to bridge the time between my going on a night shift and DH coming home from work if he's stuck in a meeting or something. I'll be able to pick up DS from nursery and put him to bed. Does anyone have any recommendations for babysitting agencies? I had thought about sitters.co.uk but was put off by a recent thread on here which was not very reassuring regarding that agency! It won't always be possible to get family or friends to help out.
Thanks!

tattycoram Wed 29-Jul-09 08:23:34

Might you be able to talk to the nursery manager and see if any of hte nursery staff ever babysit outside work?

elizabethbob Wed 29-Jul-09 08:54:34

I will do that thanks for the suggestion tattycoram. I think the official line is that they don't but as long as you make it clear it's no responsibility of the nursery they turn a blind eye... anyone any experience of doing this and it working well?

limonchik Wed 29-Jul-09 09:29:50

Try putting an ad on your local netmums.

Oligo Wed 29-Jul-09 22:15:25

my old nursery ran a babysitting service for whihc they got a fee for pimping our their staff- this meant it might be anyone of the staff who turned up, whoever was available. Often though parents and staff preferred to make private arrangements though think officially not allowed in parent-nursery contract. Maybe check.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now