Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Babysitter in Bath for one night only.

(14 Posts)
hanaflower Mon 27-Jul-09 19:46:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

nannynick Mon 27-Jul-09 19:52:26

Post on Mumsnet Local Bath to see if a local mumsnetter is able to recommend a local childcare worker (such as nursery nurse, nanny, childminder).

sausagerolemodel Mon 27-Jul-09 19:55:53

Hi Hana,
If you use sitters, they suggest they need a subscription, but if you look closely then you can cancel it after your booking if you don't want to use them again (they don't take the money from your cc until some time after the date). I think they still take a four pound booking fee or something, but you don't have to pay the quarterly membership fees. We'cve used them 3 times and had great people each time. Hope you find someone. x

limonchik Mon 27-Jul-09 20:40:04

Hi Hana, is it a weekend evening? I'm a nanny and usually do this kind of one off babysitting through an agency, but if you want to contact me directly I might be free?

hanaflower Mon 27-Jul-09 21:15:10

limonchik Mon 27-Jul-09 21:27:01

Oh, I go on holiday on the 10th! I'm with Alphabet in Bristol - http://www.alphabet-childcare.co.uk/

poshtottie Tue 28-Jul-09 07:52:05

Are you staying in a hotel? They may be able to find you a sitter for the night.

hanaflower Tue 28-Jul-09 10:10:10

weddingcake Tue 28-Jul-09 23:01:48

What about contacting Norland as they're based in Bath?

maddylou Wed 29-Jul-09 11:35:10

Hiya, I am the poster's daughter...
She thought I'd be able to help as I'm an widely experienced babysitter and a 2nd year student at the University of Bath. I'd be able to be available then and can provide you with references.

navyeyelasH Wed 29-Jul-09 11:58:02

Hi hanaflower, like others I'm also a nanny that does babysitting. I live in Bristol but often work in Bath - I just ask parents to pay 40p a mile for the cost of petrol and time spent driving, usually it comes to about £10 (£5 each way) depending where in Bath you are.

I have a website if you want to have a nose, www.hayleyevans.co.uk.

Good luck with your search I'm sure you will sort something out.

FantasticMissFox Wed 29-Jul-09 19:33:44

Hanaflower, I'm a nanny and experienced babysitter in Bath and will be free if you still needed someone. I have my own transport and live just outside Bath. Feel free to e-mail me if you want more info megdavy16@hotmail.co.uk

HTH

hanaflower Thu 30-Jul-09 21:34:31

eastmidlandsnightnanny Fri 31-Jul-09 10:18:03

hanaflower I think as long as the nanny/babysitter can email you their cv, first aid cert and crb (easily done with scanner) and bring originals on the night then no need to pay agency fees for one off babysit.

You would be best speaking to babysitter on phone and ringing one of their referees as well.

I often do one of babysits in hotels and usually parents ring me, enquiring and often book over the phone I then email them my cv and crb check and then if they wish they can ring my 2/3 referees on cv.

The last 2 I did the parents didnt even follow up on the references my cv and crb check were enough for them.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: