Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

question for childminders - regarding childcare vouchers

(9 Posts)
katsim Mon 27-Jul-09 16:41:19

Hi,

Just want to know if anyone is paid with childcare vouchers and if yes how does it work? Did you have to open special account where the vouchers go to?

Thank you,

southernbelle77 Mon 27-Jul-09 16:53:25

I take a couple of different types of vouchers and all have been easy to set up. I have had to fill in a form with regisitration number and bank details on and the money goes straight in.

shoshe Mon 27-Jul-09 16:55:35

The vouchers are set up by the parents and are paid straight into my bank account.

I do ask parents to pay a month in hand by them tho as, when they release them on the 1st of the month it cqn take up to 4 days for them to go in, (although it has got alot quicker average is 5 days now), so they keep may to pay June with sort of thing and release them on the 25th of each month so I get them by the 1st.

I do find it is the best way to be paid.

Parents pay the remaining part of the invoice in cash.

danthe4th Mon 27-Jul-09 18:01:02

dead easy, parents register, you then register,giving your bank details where you want the money to go,you will be asked to send a copy of your ofsted certificate.thats it

Just stress to parents that they MUST remember to authorise payment to you every month - I've incurred bank charges in the past because parents 'forgot' to authorise. Generally, it works very well.

katsim Wed 29-Jul-09 20:33:05

thank you for all your answears. Also with who did you open the account with?

danthe4th Wed 29-Jul-09 20:37:38

Whoever the parents are employed with decide which companys they use, i'm registered with 4 different ones

danthe4th Wed 29-Jul-09 20:38:40

Have a look on fidelity and busybees websites they explain it further

atworknotworking Wed 29-Jul-09 22:15:28

katsim we take ACCOR & BUSY BEES, they work in much the same way although the busy bees website is a pita to redeem the vouchers I just phone now it's much less stressfull.

They will ask you for your bank account details and a copy of your Ofsted reg cert to verify that you are registered.

You can use anybank account you want to the voucher provider does an automatic transfer into your account - usually takes about 3 days from when you redeem the vouchers -

Vouchers can be redeemed by you, or the parent can do it, if you do it the parent will give you voucher slips with the amount on, each have unique reference number, you just phone or go online (if you like a challenge smile) they look a bt like gift certificates but a bit less fancy, some of our parents redeem them themselves, and some I do cos the parents sometimes forget.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now