Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Finally moved to Derbyshire and need at live out full time nanny for DD21/2 and DD 10 months, should I go down the agency route or advertise and if so has anyone got any suggestions?

(8 Posts)
shauna72 Mon 27-Jul-09 15:57:03

Hi,
I have posted on this topic before and got some great advice re nanny contracts etc. It all proved too stressful trying to find house and nanny whilst in Yorks so we have moved to Derbyshire, Mickleover until house completes in Repton in sept. My DD1 is 3 in sept and DD2 is 10months and nursery as you predicted is not working with our hours! We desperately need a live out nanny full time, with some flexibility with hours,eg tu, thurs and fri 7 til 6.30 to 7 but mon and wed 8-4 or 9-3 etc. Seen some agencies in yellow pages and got Lady mag out, not sure what best route is for a green nanny employer?
Any advice?

FabBakerGirlIsBack Mon 27-Jul-09 15:59:37

When I was looking for a nanny job I bought the Lady and registered with agencies. I preferred going through the Lady but with the agencies you do have a bit of support. I do find that agencies are expensive when I would assume that you would check the references yourself anyway.

shauna72 Mon 27-Jul-09 16:02:23

Did you get alot of interest from the magazine and am I right in thinking you pay the agency only if they place someone with you or is it a registration fee?

RachieB Mon 27-Jul-09 16:06:01

I have gotten some of my Nannying positions via an agency

but TBH, most have been from my ad or the families ad ,on gumtree,netmums and childcare.co.uk !

there is also nannyjob.co.uk

Good luck in your search
x

FabBakerGirlIsBack Mon 27-Jul-09 16:10:12

I was the nanny looking for a job so I rang the ads.

I don't know how agency fees work.

shauna72 Mon 27-Jul-09 16:14:43

Thanks very much for your help.Sorry FabBakerGirl, can't read and bounce baby it seems! Will have a look at the websites and the magazine properly then, but if you hear of anyone in this area who would like two cheeky monkeys to play with, let me know!

AtheneNoctua Mon 27-Jul-09 18:30:04

As you need live-out (and so the potential nanny will need to already live neatby) why don't you advertise locally (playgroups, etc.). Do you know any other families who have a nanny who might have a friend looking for a job?

AtheneNoctua Mon 27-Jul-09 18:30:59

You might go onto nannyjob and ask where the nannies in derbyshire hang out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now