Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Im a childminding whos going to close help please

(11 Posts)
mushumadness Mon 27-Jul-09 11:05:38

Hiya

Im a childminder whos closing due to maternity leave in November

Im starting to reduce my toys, ncma document s etc
I just dont know how to downsize or where to do it.

any advice appreciated

anna

Lifeinagoldfishbowl Mon 27-Jul-09 11:08:13

Will you be going back to childminding after mat leave?

mushumadness Mon 27-Jul-09 11:17:56

No
as I will have two children of my own under two Im just going to get a part time job

thesilverlining Mon 27-Jul-09 12:38:45

mushyumadness - why not go back to CM after? I haven#'t yet found a PT job that pays as well or is as fun as working for yourself......

Make sure you keep accounts and contracts for 7 years (it may be 5 I can't remember but 7 is a safe bet!) I put everything up into the loft when I took mat leave

I didn't think I was going back to it as H and I decided I would be a SAHM once the 2nd was born but then he went and left me with a 10 month old and boy am I glad I kept all my CM stuff in the loft!

Not impklying this will happen to you AT ALL bnut just saying don't get rid of too much store everything you can - cos you never know how you'll feel in 9-12 months - you may not want to go "out" to work in the eves with new baba

thesilverlining Mon 27-Jul-09 12:39:58

forgot to say its to do with data protection and auditing from Inland rev why you must keep accounts and contracts oh and also registers and accident book - you can be sued at any time in the furture for past events and its always safer to keep hold of important docs like that

Katymac Mon 27-Jul-09 12:47:38

I think anything pertaining to children must be kept 21 years and some months (must check EYFS)

mushumadness Mon 27-Jul-09 13:53:03

hiya
im keeping everything from my ncma books

unfortuantly childminding has died a death in my area, and Im only working 8 hours a week as it is

Same here, no business unless you are prepared to work for next to nothing - which I'm not. 2 years ago I was working a 40hr wk, now down to 12 - can't live off that, hence I've found a job.

I'm going to have a giant carboot sale with my toys when I finish - won't get what I paid for them but at least my house will be a home - and my son can have his playroom back for his own toys etc smile.

Paperwork will be put in the loft - as Katy said, its 21yrs for childrens records, but only 7 for financial records.

Quavers2004 Tue 28-Jul-09 17:51:52

yes it is 21 years for child records.

AvadaKedavra Tue 28-Jul-09 19:56:21

21yrs 6 months I think it is yes.

mushumadness Thu 30-Jul-09 10:17:58

thanks for all the help

managed to start selling on netmums so fingers crossed

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now