Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

did you work as a nanny in chelsea in 1982-1986

(6 Posts)
bigdonna Sun 22-May-05 19:59:40

hi just wondering if any of you mums or nannies worked in around chelsea in 1982 until 1986, would love to hear from any of you !

jules27 Mon 23-May-05 12:32:46

Hi Bigdonna , just missed the dates, i worked for a family who lived just off the kings road from september 87 till sept 88 when i left to get married. Before working there i worked in and around Balham and had friends in around holland park.Do you still work as a nanny? jules

ssd Mon 23-May-05 13:22:37

Hi Bigdonna, I worked as a nanny in Putney and Clapham Common in 1988. I also went for interviews off Kings Road and just off Sloane Square in Nov 1987 prior to taking the Putney job. Must say I did enjoy my time in London, but worked for some, emmm..., unusual parents!
Or maybe it's just me!!!

Went to London recently for the first time in years and saw a couple of nannies in Kings Road! I was dying to go up to chat to them, but was too shy - they'd have thought I was some wierdo mother!

Where did you work and was it sole charge?

bigdonna Mon 23-May-05 21:19:08

thanks for replying jules27 andssd,i worked on walpole street from 82 until 86 but then i moved to battersea ,south ken and i lived in balham it seems many moons ago.i looked after kids who went to garden house.i am from newcastle but i just forgot to go back there.i now work as a childminder so i can also look after my own kids.i stopped nannying in 98. my first job was sole charge 6 days a week, my second the mother was there too but looked after 4 girls called scarlett,poppy,tiffany,amber i put these names in just in case are paths had crossed because no many people forget there names.i also worked in wimbledon for 4 yrs looking after isaac and asha sole charge.please post me back and tell me about yourselves.oops sorry also worked at clapham common looking after emma sewell 2 days a week sole charge this must have been in 1986/87

jules27 Wed 08-Jun-05 14:12:37

hi i started nannying in watford in 1980, then worked in north london for 2 years. i went to NY IN 1984 BEFORE RETURNING TO TEMP WORK IN LONDON IN 85. oopss sorry , i then worked in Balham for two years taking care of Catriona Stewart. On leaving there i went to work for the Reed family in Chelsea. I got married in 88, whilst taking care of a little boy in Harpenden. I am now living with my partner and my two children and his one child.I have continued to nanny ,although at present out of work .

bigdonna Wed 08-Jun-05 21:48:23

hi jules27 thanks for replying.i think i was working in battersea when you were in chelsea.i was in chelsea until 86 then battersea until 94,then wimbledon until 98,did you do a school pick up and did you go out drinking on kings road.We used to go in the royal tavern!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now