Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM CLUB - what do you charge for Before/After School Care and School Holiday care?

(7 Posts)
looneytune Sat 25-Jul-09 14:09:56

Whilst my new website is being built, I'm looking at any change I want to make to the business - seems the perfect time to do this.

Atm, I charge the same whether they are at school or a younger mindee i.e. hours x my hourly rate. I know some people charge per session i.e. £X for after school, £X per day in the hols etc.

What do you do? I'd like as many replies as possible to get a feel for what most people do.

TIA

dmo Sat 25-Jul-09 20:31:39

i charge the same per hr whatever the age

danthe4th Sat 25-Jul-09 21:04:11

£4 per hour for before and afterschool,minimum 2 hours for after school.
£4 per hour for during the day,minimum of 5 hours per day.
Less than 10 hours per week £5.50 per hour.
Same charges whatever the ages.
Don't do holiday care if I can help it, but I do offer emergency care and ad hoc holiday care for £5 per hour, which unfortunately is very popular next week!!!!

lechatnoir Sat 25-Jul-09 21:46:06

Not a CM myself but I've been looking into this as I'm thinking about registering next year when my DS starts school. The 2 of the 3 CMs I've spoken have almost identical fee structure: same hourly rate regardless of age/number of hours (one charges £5.75 and the other £6ph shock). The both have a minimum daily charge of 3 hours for school children before/after school care & 6 hours for 'all day' care.

The other lady also charges a set hourly rate (£5.50) for all-day care irrespective of age but before &/or after school care is charged by the session - £7.50 before & £12.50 for after school care.
HTH
LCN

Jenf2306 Sat 25-Jul-09 22:13:49

i charge £3 per hour but have a minimum charge of £6 before school (7.30am till drop-off) and £10 after school (school collection till 6pm)

holiday care i charge £2.50 per hour if 6 hours or more a day are booked - i only do it cheaper as i have some nursery holiday club close so have some competition

x

ayla99 Sun 26-Jul-09 08:42:42

£5 8-9 am, £12 3:15 to 5:30 pm

school holidays is the same charge as under 5s:
£38 per day 8-5:30 or £25 9-3pm

breakfast, lunch £1.50 ea
dinner £2.00 ea

anything else £5 per hour, minimum 4 hours a day

looneytune Sun 26-Jul-09 13:56:01

Thanks for all that, very helpful x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now