Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Typical CM rates in Surrey?

(13 Posts)
misscreosote Sat 25-Jul-09 13:25:36

Hi there, just wondering what you would consider to be reasonable costs for a CM in Surrey, for 2 kids from the same family?

Just that my current CM charges £4ph for DD1, and has quoted £6.75ph for both DD1&2 when DD2 is old enough to go. Am in the unusual situation of thinking this is too LOW, and may ask her to charge more (as she is fab and don't want to take advantage)...

TIA

nannynick Sat 25-Jul-09 15:55:30

In my area, Surrey/Berkshire border you would be looking at £9-£10 for childcare for two children.

danthe4th Sat 25-Jul-09 16:12:38

Way too low, whats with the sibling discount considering the amount of work is the same.£4 per hour per child.

cece Sat 25-Jul-09 16:24:00

I pay £4.50 per child.

misscreosote Sat 25-Jul-09 20:35:45

Ta, I thought she was aiming way too low. Will probably say we want to pay at least £7.50 if not £8 (well, now 'want', but feel we should!) Now I just need to work out how to tell her without offending her!

misscreosote Sat 25-Jul-09 20:36:17

not, not now

Numberfour Sun 26-Jul-09 21:18:01

you will be doing her a huge favour by showing her the Error of Her Ways!! grin i have no doubt that she will appreciate it. she is probably worried about pricing herself out of work - two children cost a packet at a childminder! and as a childminder i can say that sometimes, though NOT ALWAYS - siblings can be more trying than singles, when they squabble as so many siblings do.

misscreosote Mon 27-Jul-09 18:36:45

Don't say that - DD2 is only 7 weeks, I haven't even thought about getting to the squabbling stage yet!! grin

LisaD1 Mon 27-Jul-09 20:41:51

I'm in Surrey and charge £4.75 per hour per child, I would offer a sibling discount if having both children regularly but only 10%. The work load is the same (ie the EYFS stuff we have to do) costs are the same etc so I think your CM is quoting far too low unless she charges extra for food/outings etc (my rates include everything).

Glad you have a CM thatis fab though:-)

Lisa

misscreosote Tue 28-Jul-09 10:16:22

thanks lisa - she doesn't supply food, we do (probably would do anyway though as DD1 has severe allergies), but good to know your rates. Seems like at least £7.50 would be reasonable for two. Cheers.

misscreosote Tue 28-Jul-09 19:58:15

Darn, managed to get her up to £7, but she didn't want to charge any more. Oh well, I tried!

bigdonna Fri 31-Jul-09 23:18:35

hi im a childminder in mitcham surrey and i charge £6.50 an hour for two but only work 9-3 would probably charge more if i had them longer and they are 2 and 5 so only have 5yr old in holidays.am planning to put up my prices next january to £7 though.i do have 27yrs experience but feel parents in this area cant pay any more and its the going rate here too!!!

Greatfun Sat 01-Aug-09 08:30:02

I pay a daily rate of £70 for 2 DCs. My CM normally charges £40 per child so it includes a discount of £10.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now