Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

The New Mumsnet Policy for posting on Childminders, nannies, au pairs etc.

(13 Posts)
nannynick Sat 25-Jul-09 10:28:16

How long as the Note been there for... only spotted it yesterday.

"Please bear in mind that this is a discussion board, not a place to advertise childcare vacancies or recruit childminders/nannies etc. We don't mind the odd mumsnet regular mentioning that they're looking for a job/mindee (although you're probably better off in MN Local) but repeated job "ads" and posts from nanny/babysitting agencies aren't fair to people who are paying for small business ads. Do feel free to report any you see."

In April 2008, Carrie wrote:
Source
"As for nannies, childminders etc. The Nanny/cm/au pair topic is still available for folks to look for a nanny/cm or offer their nanny/cm services as well as to discuss nanny/cm/au pair stuff. If you are looking for childcare or offering childcare services, your nearest Local site might be a better bet as folks are usually looking in a specific area.

At the moment this nannies, cm , au pair section of regular Talk seems to be being used pretty sensibly for Mumsnetters to offer services and recruit. If we felt an agency was taking advantage of the site to recruit/ advertise, we'd certainly intervene."

So is the new Note saying the same thing, or something different?
Both statements are trying I feel to get requests for a childminder in a specific area onto the appropriate MN Local board.
Childminders looking to fill vacancies are also being encouraged I feel to use the MN Local board.

Thoughts anyone?

SillyMillysMummy Sat 25-Jul-09 11:38:43

have mnhq taking a leaf from ofsted book grin us childminders and nannies are obviously classed as 'small businesses' on here now, so no more ads...at least thats how i have taken it

i wonder, has the world gone mad?

nannynick Sat 25-Jul-09 11:44:26

I think a childminder posting on Mumsnet Local is fine. Regular posters on this board could even put one ad on here, but just the one.
That's how I am reading it.

Blondeshavemorefun Sat 25-Jul-09 16:24:38

i read it that regular posters can do a thread asking for mindees or looking for work as a nanny

but

if an agency came on here and actually advertised jobs then they would need to pay

Imababysitter Sat 25-Jul-09 17:33:07

I wrote a thread asking for evening/weekend babysitting work in SW London and it was removed! I'm def not an agency so hmmmm.............

Blondeshavemorefun Sat 25-Jul-09 17:45:22

maybe as your name wasnt recognised as a regular iyswim?

Imababysitter Sat 25-Jul-09 23:25:00

Maybe - I'm a regular but name changed for this post!

nannynick Sat 25-Jul-09 23:39:01

If posting an ad, avoid name changing. Why would you need to name change to post a babysitting ad.

Try posting the ad again in the appropriate Mumsnet Local board. That seems to be permitted.

theoriginalmummypoppins Sun 26-Jul-09 09:40:34

It wouldnt matter. MumsnetHQ know if you have namechanged as they can see your record ands its linked to your email address anyway.

redmorninglight Sun 26-Jul-09 21:07:15

Heh, I would definitely namechange to post an ad anyway. Wouldn't want any prospective employers going back through my posting history and looking at some of my AIBUs from the past!

Imababysitter Mon 27-Jul-09 09:48:07

I name changed because I put my email address down asking to be contacted for babysitting and maybe it's paranoia but I don't want people connecting my email address with my online name I normally use. I have no problems with Mumsnet HQ knowing just not Joe Public iykwim?

looneytune Mon 27-Jul-09 09:57:32

I'm totally with you there and used to change my name for my advertising.

I really don't know why they needed to change it although suppose it's annoying if there are people who come on here purely to advertise. But then again, isn't that a helpful service for parents looking on here?

redmorninglight Tue 28-Jul-09 08:35:31

Mind you, it does get a bit dull when you come on here to read interesting threads about childcare to find endless advert threads. No problem when there's one thread for parents seeking chidcare and one for childcarers offering their services, but it's just thread after thread about vacancies - if you're not seeking employment/ childcare it's just really BOOOOORRRRIINNNGGG.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now