Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

AP visa's advice on what I have to do to get one

(3 Posts)
Julesnobrain Fri 24-Jul-09 20:53:31

Hi there advice gratefully received. We think for the next couple of years we only want AP's who are native English speakers or have nearly fluent English. We live in London and feel we can offer a good enough package for NZ/Oz/SA/Can/USA to come to stay for 6 months, do exploring etc..... but I don't actually know how I get them here legally as the rules have all changed. Current AP is from SA but has an italian passport so EU. Can anyone advise me on the process? Thanks

nannynick Fri 24-Jul-09 21:50:49

I think you are meaning Youth Mobility Scheme. If from EEA then no visa needed. But if from another country then that country needs to be on the YMS scheme list - currently: Australia, Canada, Japan and New Zealand. It's a points based system, so will be up to the AP to make sure they meet the requirements to enter the UK.

DadInsteadofMum Sat 25-Jul-09 11:40:17

Americans are a no-no at the moment as are South Africans.

You have to do nothing they do it all form there end, requirement for youth mobility are fairly easy, current AP is Canadian and had no problems - some forms, one interview at local British consulate and that was it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: