Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

help!!

(6 Posts)
crispycake Fri 24-Jul-09 15:26:05

Hi all, im a live out nanny for a lovely family and we all get on. I will of been working with them for 11 months soon and i still do not have a contract and i get paid cash weekly!!
I have gave bank details etc to get wages paid into my bank and i have asked, dropped hints for contract but i just get a 'o yeah i do that soon!'

What shal i do?

Blondeshavemorefun Fri 24-Jul-09 15:28:01

cash?

thats makes me think they arent paying your tax and ni

do you get payslips stating how much tax/ni is deducted?

crispycake Fri 24-Jul-09 15:36:12

no i dont get payslips. she says she pays tax. I always seen letters from nanny tax, but this this my 1st nanny job so im abit clueless!

Blondeshavemorefun Fri 24-Jul-09 15:51:32

its illegal not to have a contract think if you have been in your job for 2mths - and sure legally you also should have paysleips -sure flowery will be able to tell us

personally i wouldnt accept/start a new job WITHOUT a contract - you need to get ALL things covered in in BEFORE you start - but a tad late now

remember this for next time - however nice a family may be, at the moment you havent a leg to stand on if they decide tomorrow they dont want to employ you

ring your tax office up and ask them about you tax being paid - what letters are from nannytax

if your family is using this company then they send the pay slips to your mb and she would just give to you

seems very weird to me

crispycake Fri 24-Jul-09 16:20:14

thats what i was worried about! i think im their first english nanny and who's worked with them for over 4 months! thanks for your help

Oligo Fri 24-Jul-09 16:56:55

Can you organise your own contract and give it to them to sign?

Someone might be able to point you in direction of a sample one that you can amend.

Just in case you think they are not paying tax first make sure contact is signed and then phone IR to confirm they have registered as your employers. Then 'have a chat'.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now