Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM Club - Mindee being treated for Swine Flu - carry on as normal???

(9 Posts)
looneytune Thu 23-Jul-09 10:33:52

Hi

Last week it was in my son's class at school but the advice was to carry on going as normal. Yesterday a mindee had temp all of a sudden, just before pickup time and after last night and calling the Drs, she's being treated for Swine Flu.

I am right in thinking I just carry on as usual? Today is the first day of ds2 being clear after possibly incubating Chicken Pox so the thought of staying in another week.....!!!! But, I'd do that if that's what I should do. Just that I think the advice is to carry on as normal as that mindee is no longer here.

Can anyone confirm?

Also, the Dr said mindee should stay in for 5 days so is due back on Wednesday. That's ok isn't it?

TIA

TheIronLady Thu 23-Jul-09 10:38:37

Hi looneytune, our advice (London) is to carry on as normal.

Stay in for 48 hours from onset of symptoms or until symptoms have resolved (whichever is the longest).

Hope that helps.

looneytune Thu 23-Jul-09 10:40:09

Thanks for that. I know school rule was 5 days too - has this changed to 48 hours then?

TheIronLady Thu 23-Jul-09 10:52:30

My sf briefing states; Local position then goes on to advise the 48 hour thing so not too sure. I think that if symptoms mild then the 48 hr rule or when better but if more severe longer.

bargainhuntingbetty Thu 23-Jul-09 10:53:53

My friend was being treated last night and the addvice she was given was to stay isolated /inddoors for 10 days (we are in scotland).,

TheIronLady Thu 23-Jul-09 10:57:38

Having said that, one of my mindees was diagnosed yesterday, was given Tamiflu and advised to stay home until Sunday by Dr!

looneytune Thu 23-Jul-09 10:59:16

Just goes to show how different the views/recommendations are!! I'll try and find out what the advice is for our borough then. Thanks. I have quite a few younger children so want to make sure I protect them as much as possible iyswim.

killashandra Thu 23-Jul-09 11:44:34

My own child had raging temp monday morning also cough, sore throat & runny nose... dr said prob swine flu, told him i'm a childminder - 5 days incubation so had to have this week off. very frustrating as she's fine in herself better to be safe than sorry though!

looneytune Thu 23-Jul-09 15:03:48

What a nightmare You see, my 1 year old ds2 has been absolutely full of cold, the worst cough and on Saturday was up all through the night and wasn't at all right yet because he didn't have much of a temperature, I was told it's not SF. I've since read some things on the internet that says some people didn't have temps after all but the Drs still say not SF unless a temp of 38.4 or above. I'd feel awful if it turned out he did and passed it onto others when I should have been closed but I just followed what the Drs said. Hope your DD stays fine in herself, sorry you've had to loose so much money though Especially during the school hols!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now