Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Help!!! Full time Mum struggling with childcare

(7 Posts)
MirandaClarke Wed 22-Jul-09 15:53:51

Hi All

My little girl starts school this year and I am struggling to find a childminder to do before and after school and drop off/pick up. I live in Milton Keynes (Wolverton) and she will be going to school 2 miles down the road in Haversham.......I can find childminders but they dont do the school run.......does anyone have any advice?? I'm really not comfortable with a taxi!!!!

Just so wish I didnt work full time!!!

Thanks

Julesnobrain Wed 22-Jul-09 16:09:18

Have you thought about an AP?? They would need to live with you which is a downside but there are upsides. Also a friend of mine has a live out AP/ well a Granny type who picks DS up from school and takes child home and makes tea until parents get home 3 times a week, obtained from local advert

have you considered a nanny some do just work before and after school and maybe a nanny with own child would consider these hours. you would be looking at around £7 an hr for a nanny.

angels nannies cover the area as well as kidsmatter uk.

MirandaClarke Wed 22-Jul-09 16:34:13

Thank you so much................its not an option for a live in as I dont have the room - I'll try a local ad and the agencies you mentioned!! Thank you :-)

Blondeshavemorefun Wed 22-Jul-09 17:58:23

have a look and place an ad on your local netmums site

Millarkie Wed 22-Jul-09 18:43:11

Does the school have a breakfast/after school club?

AtheneNoctua Wed 22-Jul-09 19:20:38

I would seek any other parents of kids at her school who might live near by and see if they want to split school run costs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now