Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

picking up late

(16 Posts)
holdingittogether Wed 22-Jul-09 14:00:52

Cm query. I normally don't mind if parents are a bit late picking up, i prefer them to text so i don't worry, but they often don't. Generally I don't mind within reason but I think they now all know that I'm quite laid back so don't think twice about being late. However we are going away for the weekend this weekend, bit of a last min thing. I only have 1 mindee on fri and we really want to leave as soon as we can after he is picked up so I really want his mum to pick him up on time. I am not expecting her to come early or anything, although that would be great, just not be late. Do you think it would be reasonable to ask her make sure she is on time?

debilicious Wed 22-Jul-09 14:04:17

of course! or any other day.

might just phrase it, 'just so you're aware, i need to leave the house on the dot of 5 today. we're going for a little holiday, so we're keen to get going'

holdingittogether Wed 22-Jul-09 14:13:35

Thank you, reading my post back it does sound a bit silly doesn't it. Of course she has no right be be late. I think I might say something along the lines of...." Are you ok to make sure you are here by x o'clock today as we are going away for the weekend and need to get going" I'm sure she will be fine about it. I must say something otherwise if she is late I will be peed off which wouldn't be fair if she didn't know.

danthe4th Wed 22-Jul-09 15:30:48

I would be stood outside with the child and bags ready to hand them over, I did this to parents that were getting late I bundled them in the parents car saying I had to be gone, they soon got the message and were fine with it.

dmo Wed 22-Jul-09 15:55:42

in september send a newsletter out with new news etc and add that due to insurance purposes from now on all parents must pick up no later than the aggreed time on the contracts failer to do so will incur a ££ charge

Blondeshavemorefun Wed 22-Jul-09 18:00:43

sounds to me that all your parents are now taking the piss as you dont mind them picking up late

i like the newsletter idea

if you added up all the extra mins you did, bet you would have a very shiney penny

Picante Wed 22-Jul-09 18:04:08

You are being walked over.

10 min late and I charge £10.

Stop being so nice! I've only ever charged once and they've never been late again.

holdingittogether Wed 22-Jul-09 18:04:45

Oh I do charge them for the extra time! Not by the minute though I round it to nearest quarter hour. As I said, normally just not a problem but just this one day I need them to be on time.

FabBakerGirlIsBack Wed 22-Jul-09 18:05:53

Don't ask her if she is okay about turning up on time!

Have a good holiday.

Blondeshavemorefun Wed 22-Jul-09 18:16:20

charge them the whole hour - bet they turn up on time then smile

BecauseImWorthIt Wed 22-Jul-09 18:18:55

Agree - don't ask her, tell her. You're the one in charge here!

You don't have to be unpleasant about it, just say something along the lines of "Oh, on Friday I will be going away. I have a plane/train/coach (whatever!) to catch, which means that I need you to be here on time."

I would also call/text her a couple of hours before the end of the day to remind her.

holdingittogether Wed 22-Jul-09 18:20:29

Ok, sounds like I am being far too soft. Instead of imposing late charges, I think I will ask mum if she would like to book me for half and hour longer each day as she seems to find it tricky to get here on time.

Blondeshavemorefun Wed 22-Jul-09 18:21:20

that sounds like a good idea

holdingittogether Wed 22-Jul-09 18:22:31

Thanks everybody. Yes it is really silly of me to worry about asking her to be on time. I will just tell her, politely that she needs to be here at the agreed time at the latest on friday.

HSMM Wed 22-Jul-09 23:04:29

And .... I sometimes say things like 'we will leave as soon as xxxx is picked up' and a nice thoughtful parent may actually come early for a change?

JenniPenni Thu 23-Jul-09 00:09:18

I just say 'handover will have to be quick tonight as I have to go out'... I assume they will be on time ;)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now