Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM Club - Swine flu closure rules

(7 Posts)
southernbelle77 Wed 22-Jul-09 07:42:23

Does anyone know if there are any 'rules' about having to close for a certain period of time due to swine flu? My dd has been diagnosed with it and being treated with tamiflu. I wasn't sure if there was a specified period of time that we have to close our doors for?

AvadaKedavra Wed 22-Jul-09 15:59:56

7 days at least is the exclusion we've been told. Not sure if that would differ in areas though.

looneytune Thu 23-Jul-09 15:21:40

SBelle - hope DD is ok. I have mindee off with it and her Dr said 5 days so they'll be back on Wednesday. Seems to be different depending on where you are, maybe ask the Dr their thoughts?

southernbelle77 Fri 24-Jul-09 08:43:19

Thank you. DD is on day 5 today and is much better so will be opening next week as normal (as long as I don't come down with it now!)

LoveMyGirls Fri 24-Jul-09 13:44:07

Sb how did your dd start with it?

I've got a mindee who feels a lot warmer than usual but is happy in himself doesn't seem to have gotten any worse or better and is asleep for the moment. Wondering if I should send home but don't want to over react?

southernbelle77 Fri 24-Jul-09 17:17:11

DD's temperature shot up quite quickly to nearly 40 degrees which was the first real sign (although she was awake the night before saying she had stomach ache) and then she started with the cough. We called doctors at that stage as she has asthma and didn't want it to get bad with complications because of asthma.

thebody Fri 24-Jul-09 18:38:10

hope all get better soon..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now