Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Does anyone have Granny Murrays Number?

(24 Posts)
nicmuz Tue 21-Jul-09 16:09:38

Hi all

Im looking for a childminder to fit into varying shift patterns and believe that Granny Murrey from CBeebies Me Too! would be perfect.

She takes lots of kids at different times of the day, the kids love her, is always welcoming and has lots of fun with the kids, gives the best advice which everyone follows and most importantly the parents seem to love their jobs more and never seem stressed.

Can that be Me Too grin

Please tell me she exists and has vacancies.

PrincessToadstool Tue 21-Jul-09 16:10:53

She must be pretty cheap too, if a job cleaning buses can pay for overnight childcare!

MaDuggar Tue 21-Jul-09 16:37:37

she's a bit scary IMO grin and she minds dogs

midnightexpress Tue 21-Jul-09 16:42:35

I think she's very creepy. And she also seems to have a permanent cold in the head, which is deeply worrying in the current hysteria.

thebody Tue 21-Jul-09 17:31:35

thats so funny, and she always has a little pie ce of advice as well.. and accepts kids at 6am...!!!

I also hate the way she calls everyone my dear and is always smiling.. imo she sets the cm bar too high..

Indith Tue 21-Jul-09 17:33:26

Do the kids love her? I think they look terrified half the time! I would also be slightly concerned that she accepts dogs, I'm not sure I would want my children exposed to random dogs.

ThePrisoner Tue 21-Jul-09 17:34:03

I don't think she does any written observations either - just wait till Ofsted check her out!!

thebody Tue 21-Jul-09 17:39:55

also is that a skeleton called Claude in the corner!!!!

JenniPenni Tue 21-Jul-09 17:42:21

I can't say I have ever seen her OFSTED certificate displayed.... hmmm, is she even legal??? ;)

laughalot Tue 21-Jul-09 17:43:19

I could srangle granny bloody murray grin

preciouslillywhite Tue 21-Jul-09 17:44:28

nooooooo!!not Granny Murray!

deeply suspicious of ANYone in her 30s who refers to herself as "Granny"...plus that horrible fixed grin.

Not long ago I heard my twins (then 4) playing a scary chase game which involved shouting "I'm Graaaaaaaany Muuuuuuuuurray, and I'm coming ta GET you!"grin

ThePrisoner Tue 21-Jul-09 17:47:36

I have phoned Ofsted and reported her - there is definitely no certificate on display, she never records arrival/departure times, and I've never heard any mention of risk assessments. I really don't think she is registered.

Blondeshavemorefun Tue 21-Jul-09 18:00:34

pmsl grin

nannynick Tue 21-Jul-09 18:58:24

Surely it would be a Care Commission certificate not Ofsted. I've always considered her home to be somewhere in Scotland - Edinburgh perhaps.

shoshe Tue 21-Jul-09 19:15:46

Plus she is working 24/7, when does she ever get time to do her taxes, or is she being paid cash in hand??

Saying that I never see her getting paid, does she think she can get away with not being paid in money, do you reckon she is getting paid in Veg and free bus rides?

midnightexpress Tue 21-Jul-09 19:20:17

It's Edingowcastle nannynick.

Grandhighpoohba Tue 21-Jul-09 19:21:05

Im with preciouslillywhite. The woman is in her 30s and encourages grown adults to call her granny! Creepy in the extreme.

Bet she breastfeeds other peoples children when no one is looking.

blametheparents Tue 21-Jul-09 19:24:13

Is she in her 30s, really?
I am in my 30s and I hope I do not look that old and dodgy!

nannynick Tue 21-Jul-09 19:25:55

She's nearly 40 now. Just read an article from 2006 where her age was said to be 36.

catepilarr Wed 22-Jul-09 00:02:41

i thought balamori looks like newcastle, not edinburgh??

MumHadEnough Wed 22-Jul-09 00:29:00

Jane McCarry is such a fab actress. Have any of you ever seen her in her other persona, as nosy Isa in Still Game? It's a mad comedy series set in Glasgow. She reminds me very much of my mother in law! grin

You can see her about 1 1/2 minutes into this video on you tube.

MumHadEnough Wed 22-Jul-09 00:29:59

Oh and no doubt some of you will require Subtitles, ala Rab C Nesbit style grin

MumHadEnough Wed 22-Jul-09 00:32:49

She actually looks quite young without all the Granny Murray/Isa gear on! here

atworknotworking Wed 22-Jul-09 07:40:51

I accidently saw this for the first time last week - cringeworthily bad - what I want to know is whether its compulsary to snog the dad parents when they drop the mindees off shock cos if it is I'm deffo finding another job grin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now